Although a new survey of 87 media industry execs by Media Post and Deutsche Bank: Media Execs Bullish On Ad Spending, focuses on Internet advertising overall, it does offer a few nuggest that might be of interest.
- Overall, respondents reported price increases for both search and display ads--including ads on run-of-network sites."
- Growth in spending on pay-per-click ads also looked healthy. "Our survey results and channel checks suggest that pricing growth for the industry has picked back up in September after a flat July and August," states the report.
- The majority of executives surveyed--58 percent--reported paying more for cost-per-click ads in the third quarter than in the second. Most of those who reported an increase in cost said it was between 1 and 10 percent.
- Thirty-one percent of respondents reported no change in cost-per-click, while 11 percent said they paid less in the third quarter than the second.
- Weighted growth in pay-per-click advertising came to 5 percent for the quarter, according to Deutsche Bank.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!