Although a new survey of 87 media industry execs by Media Post and Deutsche Bank: Media Execs Bullish On Ad Spending, focuses on Internet advertising overall, it does offer a few nuggest that might be of interest.
- Overall, respondents reported price increases for both search and display ads--including ads on run-of-network sites."
- Growth in spending on pay-per-click ads also looked healthy. "Our survey results and channel checks suggest that pricing growth for the industry has picked back up in September after a flat July and August," states the report.
- The majority of executives surveyed--58 percent--reported paying more for cost-per-click ads in the third quarter than in the second. Most of those who reported an increase in cost said it was between 1 and 10 percent.
- Thirty-one percent of respondents reported no change in cost-per-click, while 11 percent said they paid less in the third quarter than the second.
- Weighted growth in pay-per-click advertising came to 5 percent for the quarter, according to Deutsche Bank.
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!