Although a new survey of 87 media industry execs by Media Post and Deutsche Bank: Media Execs Bullish On Ad Spending, focuses on Internet advertising overall, it does offer a few nuggest that might be of interest.
- Overall, respondents reported price increases for both search and display ads--including ads on run-of-network sites."
- Growth in spending on pay-per-click ads also looked healthy. "Our survey results and channel checks suggest that pricing growth for the industry has picked back up in September after a flat July and August," states the report.
- The majority of executives surveyed--58 percent--reported paying more for cost-per-click ads in the third quarter than in the second. Most of those who reported an increase in cost said it was between 1 and 10 percent.
- Thirty-one percent of respondents reported no change in cost-per-click, while 11 percent said they paid less in the third quarter than the second.
- Weighted growth in pay-per-click advertising came to 5 percent for the quarter, according to Deutsche Bank.
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.