Today's search podcast covers Changes Coming to Yahoo Web Results Pages, the release of Gmail for Mobile Phones and Devices, Search Execs To Speak at Upcoming Consumer Electronics Show, Google and Yahoo Open New Offices, A Look at Topix.net, New and Improved Databases with U.S. Government Information, Opera Not in Talks with Google and more!
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern Tuesday through Friday, via our Odeo channel or through iTunes via this link (or use alternative iTunes instructions explained here) or though our Yahoo Podcasts channel. Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
- New Year Will Bring New Look to Yahoo Search Results Pages; Shorter Descriptions for Sponsored Listings
- Yahoo Tweaks Pure Search Interface; Adds New Page Highlighting Popular Services
- Google Gmail Now Accessible via Mobile Phones
- A Brief Look at Mobile Mail Access from Yahoo and MSN
- Google Announces Plan to Open Pittsburgh Engineering Office; Yahoo Opens NYC Research Center
- Gates Keynoting CES - And So Are Semel & Page
- Topix.net Has One Impressive Year from Both Business and User Perspective; Ends Year with New Look and Design
- Search Execs Talk at MIT Forum
- Music Searching on the Web
- Customize Your MSN Live.com Home Page with Widgets
- Technorati Begins Cooking Up Ideas in their New "Kitchen"
- New or Improved Databases With U.S.Government Information
- Opera Software Says Company Not in Talks With Google or Any Other Company About Acquisition (see Postscipt)
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!