Below, a recap of stories posted today to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with other items we've spotted but not blogged separately:
Today From The SEW Blog...
May 5, 2006: Google To Send Click Fraud Notices Out Soon; Microsoft Says (Again)
More Work To Do In Search; Microsoft Celebrity Guide To Local Places & More!
Windows Live Product Search: For Sellers & Buyers
New SEW Blog
Correspondents: Greg Sterling On Local; Detlev Johnson On News & Barry Becomes A
With Shared Servers & Sites Sharing Same IP Address?
Roundup: May 5, 2006
Australians Need Maps -- Zoom Australia Delivers
Agency Sues Maine Blogger Over Search Accusations
Google Zurich States Economic Reason For Entering China
Yahoo Publisher Network Suspending Accounts for Poor Traffic Quality
Microsoft: Back To The "Early Days Of Search" Songbook
Advertisers To Get Notices From Google In Click Fraud Settlement Later This
Windows Live QnA Beta - Microsoft's Answer To Google & Yahoo Answers
Yahoo Testing New PPC Ad Ranking Algorithm?
Google Reader Added To Google Personalized Home Page
Microsoft's Windows Live Local Launches CelebFavorites.com
Google Sued For Profiting On Child Porn
- Microsoft's Short Hand Search "Wild Thing" & IM Link Sharing "Nocturnal"
Other Things We Read, Didn't Blog But You Might Want To Read...
- Real-Life Search Study: "A Week In The Life", MediaPost
- Alexa Traffic Rank Numbers Update, Search Engine Journal
- Relevancy Rules In Sponsored Search Ads, MediaPost
- Can the Mainstream Media Understand SEO?", Search Engine Guide
- Thomson has no fear of Google giant, Globe & Mail
- Keywords That Don't Show up in Logs, Search Engine Guide
- Ask.Com's Friendly Math Professor Does TV Show and Tell, BrandWeek
- Why SEO Formulas Don't Work, Search Engine Guide
- The Ails of AOL, BusinessWeek
- Search Ads: Pay However You'd Like, ClickZ
- Competitive Research, Intelligence, and Search Marketing, Part 2, ClickZ
- Zimbio - Squidoo lookalike, Phil Bradley's Weblog
- Google Scholar, Now In Spanish, InsideGoogle
- Eventful.com Adds Google Calendar Support, Search Engine Journal
- Ask.com Sponsors English Cricket Team, Search Engine Journal
- MSN Search Advertising in Google AdWords UK, Search Engine Journal
- Tiny Metro tech firm takes on giant Google [over toolbar patent], Detroit News
- Net censorship spreads worldwide, BBC
- AOL to Add Free Phone to Instant Messaging Feature, New York Times
- EBay CEO wary of Google, San Jose Mercury News
- The slowest road routes with Google Maps, Dirson (Danny found the same recently with a UK route)
- Yahoo Close To Making Acquisitions In India, PaidContent
- Reporting Google about vulnerabilities and security faults, Dirson
- AOL - Out Of France And Germany (Access), Into VOIP, Threadwatch
- More Google products to earn referrals from, JenSense
- New referrals for Google Pack and Picasa, Inside AdSense Blog
- AOL to launch free AIM phone service, News.com
- Google's Search Algorithm Blown Open, SEO Book
- Google won't do Silicon Valley Wi-Fi: Computer World
Marketers Rejoice! ClickZ has launched ClickZ Live, an educational series to bring you innovative online marketing strategies and techniques. Learn to construct and successfully execute multi-channel marketing campaigns, plus identify key metrics and translate them into actionable plans.
Thursday, July 18: ClickZ Live will be in Vancouver, BC. Register before July 1 to save $100!