Below, a recap of stories posted today to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with other items we've spotted but not blogged separately:
Today From The SEW Blog...
May 5, 2006: Google To Send Click Fraud Notices Out Soon; Microsoft Says (Again)
More Work To Do In Search; Microsoft Celebrity Guide To Local Places & More!
Windows Live Product Search: For Sellers & Buyers
New SEW Blog
Correspondents: Greg Sterling On Local; Detlev Johnson On News & Barry Becomes A
With Shared Servers & Sites Sharing Same IP Address?
Roundup: May 5, 2006
Australians Need Maps -- Zoom Australia Delivers
Agency Sues Maine Blogger Over Search Accusations
Google Zurich States Economic Reason For Entering China
Yahoo Publisher Network Suspending Accounts for Poor Traffic Quality
Microsoft: Back To The "Early Days Of Search" Songbook
Advertisers To Get Notices From Google In Click Fraud Settlement Later This
Windows Live QnA Beta - Microsoft's Answer To Google & Yahoo Answers
Yahoo Testing New PPC Ad Ranking Algorithm?
Google Reader Added To Google Personalized Home Page
Microsoft's Windows Live Local Launches CelebFavorites.com
Google Sued For Profiting On Child Porn
- Microsoft's Short Hand Search "Wild Thing" & IM Link Sharing "Nocturnal"
Other Things We Read, Didn't Blog But You Might Want To Read...
- Real-Life Search Study: "A Week In The Life", MediaPost
- Alexa Traffic Rank Numbers Update, Search Engine Journal
- Relevancy Rules In Sponsored Search Ads, MediaPost
- Can the Mainstream Media Understand SEO?", Search Engine Guide
- Thomson has no fear of Google giant, Globe & Mail
- Keywords That Don't Show up in Logs, Search Engine Guide
- Ask.Com's Friendly Math Professor Does TV Show and Tell, BrandWeek
- Why SEO Formulas Don't Work, Search Engine Guide
- The Ails of AOL, BusinessWeek
- Search Ads: Pay However You'd Like, ClickZ
- Competitive Research, Intelligence, and Search Marketing, Part 2, ClickZ
- Zimbio - Squidoo lookalike, Phil Bradley's Weblog
- Google Scholar, Now In Spanish, InsideGoogle
- Eventful.com Adds Google Calendar Support, Search Engine Journal
- Ask.com Sponsors English Cricket Team, Search Engine Journal
- MSN Search Advertising in Google AdWords UK, Search Engine Journal
- Tiny Metro tech firm takes on giant Google [over toolbar patent], Detroit News
- Net censorship spreads worldwide, BBC
- AOL to Add Free Phone to Instant Messaging Feature, New York Times
- EBay CEO wary of Google, San Jose Mercury News
- The slowest road routes with Google Maps, Dirson (Danny found the same recently with a UK route)
- Yahoo Close To Making Acquisitions In India, PaidContent
- Reporting Google about vulnerabilities and security faults, Dirson
- AOL - Out Of France And Germany (Access), Into VOIP, Threadwatch
- More Google products to earn referrals from, JenSense
- New referrals for Google Pack and Picasa, Inside AdSense Blog
- AOL to launch free AIM phone service, News.com
- Google's Search Algorithm Blown Open, SEO Book
- Google won't do Silicon Valley Wi-Fi: Computer World
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!