The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) has named its first elected board of directors.
WOMMA's new directors are:
* Idil Cakim, director, Burson-Marsteller
* Laurent Flores, CEO, crmmetrix
* Jackie Huba, author, Church of the Customer
* Ed Keller, CEO, The Keller Fay Group
* Virginia Miracle, director of word of mouth marketing, Brains on Fire
* Ann Moravick, president & CEO, Rowland Communications Worldwide
* Rick Murray, president, me2revolution, Edelman
* Paul Rand, partner, global chief development and innovation officer, Ketchum
* Jim Nail, CMO, Cymfony
* Gary Spangler, e-business leader, electronics and communications platform, DuPont
* Jamie Tedford, SVP, media and marketing innovation, Arnold Worldwide
* Scott K. Wilder, group manager, Intuit
* Michael Wiley, director, new media, GM
* Dave Balter, CEO, BzzAgent
* Pete Blackshaw, CMO, Nielsen BuzzMetrics
WOMMA's original board, which has been in place for the past two years, was made up of founders Balter, Blackshaw, Jonathan Carson, and WOMMA CEO Andy Sernovitz. Carson had been CEO of Buzzmetrics, which was acquired by Nielsen parent VNU in January at the same time as Blackshaw's Intelliseek. Since both now work for the same combined company, Nielsen BuzzMetrics, it became necessary for either Carson or Blackshaw to leave the board.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!