Another week has passed which means it's time for a look at a few new or updated specialty search tools that they have posted about on ResourceShelf. Btw, ResourceShelf has a new RSS feed URL. They are now at: http://www.resourceshelf.com/feed
- In a post about Vivisimo clustering technology now being made available for mobile searchers in Japan, we include links to a few other tools (all free) powered by Vivisimo including: + BiometaCluster (Life Sciences Meta Search and Clustering) + ClusterMed (Dynamic Clustering of PubMed) and a few others.
- Although these presentations and materials are aimed at librarians, these presentations about metadata might be of interest to some of you. We also include a link to the book (full text) Introduction to Metadata: Pathways to Digital Information (Version 2.1) from Getty.
- The business researcher will want to review this extensive compilation of the many databases (almost all free) made available by the International Labor Organization
- It's not a database (in the searching sense) but Gliffy is a new 2.0 app that offers web-based diagram building. Neat.
- A new exhibit looking at the last 100 years of UK newspapers is now open at the British Library in London. The web version of the exhibit includes access to a database with a complete digitised archive of the Penny Illustrated Paper from 1861 to 1913.
- We posted earlier this week that Scirus has partnered with the The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Zoom List (Beta): An Autonomously Built Directory of Companies, Products and Services from ZoomInfo
In January, NARA (National Archives and Records Administration), with the help of the IA, released the ì2004 Presidential Term Web Harvestî containing over 75 million archived pages. In March 2006, this archive became keyword searchable using Nutch technology.
+ New Archive: National Government Statistical Websites
+ Latin American Governments Document Archive
+ Archive of Venezuelan Political Discourse
+ North Carolina State Government Web Site Archive
+ Canadian Political Parties And Political Interest Groups
+ Canadian Labour Unions
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.