- Does Webspam use Google Analytics? - 5 minutes and 11 seconds
- Does Google Analytics play a part in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages)?- Google Terminology - 4 minutes and 40 seconds
- When does Google detect duplicate content, and how wide is the range?
- I want to mark my page as porn in SafeSearch–what do you recommend?
- Is it okay to make hyperlinks in option elements?
- What's the difference between an index update, an algorithm update, and a data refresh?
- I also discuss these definitions in terms of June/July 27th as much as I can.
Postscript From Danny: On Google Analytics, Matt says that this data is not used for web spam detection purposes and to the best of his knowledge, not by others in Google. However, I recently asked Google for clarification on this, in the wake of them NOT excluding the possibility that Google Checkout data might be used for a variety of purposes. I've yet to get a response back. At this point, my assumption is that while Google is probably using things like Google Toolbar data and Google Analytics data in ways beyond just reporting information back to the individual users.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!