GigaOM reports that Yahoo is creating an internal incubator, code named Brickhouse, to give some of Yahoo's talent a place to work without the bureaucracy of a large company. The person running the Brickhouse, love that name by the way, is Flickr founder Caterina Fake. It is apparent that Yahoo knows that hiring new talent is a hard thing to do, but keeping current talent, may be harder -- definitely more important, in my opinion.
Recent high-profile departures from Yahoo?
- YouTube Hires Yahoo's Treasurer, Gideon Yu
- Martin Child, VP Of Sales & Marketing Leaves Yahoo Search Marketing
- David Beach Leaves Yahoo For Start Up Wink
- Former Yahoo Exec Toni Schneider On Life At Automattic
- Yahoo Loses Director Of Business Development to FeedBurner
- and more available to subscribers of Search Engine Watch here.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!