GigaOM reports that Yahoo is creating an internal incubator, code named Brickhouse, to give some of Yahoo's talent a place to work without the bureaucracy of a large company. The person running the Brickhouse, love that name by the way, is Flickr founder Caterina Fake. It is apparent that Yahoo knows that hiring new talent is a hard thing to do, but keeping current talent, may be harder -- definitely more important, in my opinion.
Recent high-profile departures from Yahoo?
- YouTube Hires Yahoo's Treasurer, Gideon Yu
- Martin Child, VP Of Sales & Marketing Leaves Yahoo Search Marketing
- David Beach Leaves Yahoo For Start Up Wink
- Former Yahoo Exec Toni Schneider On Life At Automattic
- Yahoo Loses Director Of Business Development to FeedBurner
- and more available to subscribers of Search Engine Watch here.
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.