GigaOM reports that Yahoo is creating an internal incubator, code named Brickhouse, to give some of Yahoo's talent a place to work without the bureaucracy of a large company. The person running the Brickhouse, love that name by the way, is Flickr founder Caterina Fake. It is apparent that Yahoo knows that hiring new talent is a hard thing to do, but keeping current talent, may be harder -- definitely more important, in my opinion.
Recent high-profile departures from Yahoo?
- YouTube Hires Yahoo's Treasurer, Gideon Yu
- Martin Child, VP Of Sales & Marketing Leaves Yahoo Search Marketing
- David Beach Leaves Yahoo For Start Up Wink
- Former Yahoo Exec Toni Schneider On Life At Automattic
- Yahoo Loses Director Of Business Development to FeedBurner
- and more available to subscribers of Search Engine Watch here.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!