Earlier this week Yahoo upgraded its Travel Guides with more dynamic mapping (including satellite and hybrid maps), more community features and the addition of a "My Travel Module," not unlike the recent introduction of "My Local" on Yahoo Local.
Here are some of the additional new features according to Yahoo:
* Pop-up icons providing quick user rating and review snippets on all listings
* Booking capabilities direct from listings
* Cool "Add to Trip" animation
* Yahoo! Answers and Trip Plans display prominently for all cities
* Photo Albums for points-of-interest and ability to upload photos
* Display of user submitted photos on cities and points-of-interest
Maps and more community content have been rolling out across Yahoo's properties. Real Estate, for example, became more "map-centric" recently. But in my view one of the fullest expressions of Yahoo's social media strategy is Trip Planner.
Yahoo travel properties and content are a bit of a crazy quilt right now, with video, FareChase metasearch, its main travel property, Trip Planner (which, as I mentioned, is especially valuable) and Answers. At some point Yahoo will integrate all these assets into a more coherent whole I would imagine.
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.