Earlier this week Yahoo upgraded its Travel Guides with more dynamic mapping (including satellite and hybrid maps), more community features and the addition of a "My Travel Module," not unlike the recent introduction of "My Local" on Yahoo Local.
Here are some of the additional new features according to Yahoo:
* Pop-up icons providing quick user rating and review snippets on all listings
* Booking capabilities direct from listings
* Cool "Add to Trip" animation
* Yahoo! Answers and Trip Plans display prominently for all cities
* Photo Albums for points-of-interest and ability to upload photos
* Display of user submitted photos on cities and points-of-interest
Maps and more community content have been rolling out across Yahoo's properties. Real Estate, for example, became more "map-centric" recently. But in my view one of the fullest expressions of Yahoo's social media strategy is Trip Planner.
Yahoo travel properties and content are a bit of a crazy quilt right now, with video, FareChase metasearch, its main travel property, Trip Planner (which, as I mentioned, is especially valuable) and Answers. At some point Yahoo will integrate all these assets into a more coherent whole I would imagine.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.