Below, a recap of stories posted today to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with other items we've spotted but not blogged separately:
From The SEW Blog...
- Google AdSense For Audio Coming Soon
Blogs are buzzing on recent "credible" sources saying that Google is going to be releasing AdSense for Audio. SeekingAlpha writes Leak: Google Reorg and AdSense for Audio, Threadwatch writes Google to Re-Org: All Your Ads Are Belong to Us, eWeek writes Google AdSense for Audio Coming, ThoughtShapers.com writes Leak: Google to Re-Org IBM Style, and DMNews writes Rumor Has It…. All point to Google launching AdSense for Audio before the end of this year and focusing heavily on launching other forums of advertising media such ad podcasts....
- Google To Hire TV Engineering Project Manager
Gary Price spotted a new job posting at Google for a TV Engineering Project Manager at the Mountain View location. Before Google was hiring Television Engineers & Wireless Software Engineer, so I guess they now need someone to put these things all together, "to ensure a smooth and seamless release of software products to the market."...
- Windows Live Mobile Now Live
Gary Price reports that Windows Live Mobile is now live at http://mobile.live.com/. The features include: 1) Mail 2) Search beta 3) Spaces 4) Local 5) Messenger 6) Live.com beta 7) MSN.com beta 8) MSNBC News 9) FOX Sports 10) Weather 11) Money 12) Entertainment 13) MSN Calendar More details at http://mobile.live.com/GoLive/....
- Competitive Intelligence & Link Searches
Rand over at SEOMoz has a great write up on Long List of Link Searches where he goes through a sample client and how he would approach the competitive intelligence aspect of the SEO research. This is a must read for any SEO because he goes through "the obvious," some "advanced operators," "alternative search sources," "directory search terms," "blog & forum searches," and "submit type searches." The best part is that this is a practical example that gives you actionable items to run through in your own SEO practices. Gotta love Rand for doing this, most would not....
- Microsoft Online Services Group Losses $136 Million in Q3
The Wall Street Journal reports that Microsoft lost $136 million in the third-quarter within the online-services group. The money is going towards their continued effort to build up a competing Google product. The WSJ says, the loss is due to "competition with Google Inc. and growing investment by Microsoft in trying to improve its position against the Internet-search specialist."...
- Google Enhanced Google Alerts & Adds Blog Search Alerts
The Google Blog announced that they have added Google Blog Search email alerts to the Google Alerts system. So like you were able to add alerts for Google News and other Google properties, you are now able to add alerts for Blog Search results. Google has also enhanced Alerts to "show results from multiple sources (including Google News, the web, and blogs)."...
- Search Forums Roundup: Oct. 27, 2006
Today's SearchDay, Search Engine Forums Spotlight, features our weekly links to this week's hot topics from search engine forums across the web: NYT calls Google Bombing a 'campaign tactic' - Googling With Google Is Good, But Very Bad Elsewhere - Coming Soon: Yahoo Directory Tag, With 'No' Option - Did-it President Takes a Shot at SEO - What Does Your Holiday SEM Campaign Look Like? and more....
Headlines & News From Elsewhere
- Old Google News Alerts Subscribers Getting Unwanted New Blog Search Alerts, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Trademark Apps via the dMarc Acquisition, ResourceShelf
- Yahoo Could Strike HotJobs/Newspaper Partnerships, MarketingVOX
- More Open Shortcuts!, Yahoo! Search blog
- Forum Hack Enables Google AdSense Code To Be Placed On Site, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google plans new News, The Inquirer
- Research: Multiple Ranking Strategies for Opinion Retrieval in Blogs, ResourceShelf
- You Do and/or May, In Fact, "Ask" (or "ask"), The Ask.com Blog
- Donna Bogatin tries to be funny. Gets basic facts wrong, Jeremy Zawodny
- The Blogger Outages (a novel), Blogger Buzz
- Flickr Interestingness Rankings Patents Released, SEO by the SEA
- Jennifer Convertibles Web Site Back in Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Halloween: So Close it's Scary, The Ask.com Blog
- Keep Ask.com As Your Steady with IE 7 and Firefox, The Ask.com Blog
- Web Domain for Sale In Really Hot Locale: Hell.com Takes Bids, WSJ.com
- Trading Influence, Yahoo! Publisher Network
- Amazon Acquisitions and Investments, SEO By The Sea
- Google Base or Froogle? Google Base…sort of, Comparison Engines
- AdSense Befriends Israel With EFT Support In ×©×§×?, Cartoon Barry
- EMI and Yahoo! Maps partner for album promotion, NMA
- Jingle, Jingle… Maximize Holiday Sales with QuickLaunch, MSN Blog
- Killing Google PageRank: Making Relevancy Irrelevant, SEO Book.com
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!