Below, a recap of stories posted today to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with other items we've spotted but not blogged separately:
Extended version since Danny and I are in or on our way back from the PubCon Vegas conference.
From The SEW Blog...
- Nothing because of PubCon coverage...
WebmasterWorld PubCon Vegas 2006 Roundtable Coverage
- Special Guest Keynote - Danny Sullivan - Search Engine Land, Search Engine Roundtable
- Press and Public Relation Campaigns, Search Engine Roundtable
- Forums and Communities : Building and Optimization, Search Engine Roundtable
- Spider and DOS Defense - Rebels, Renegades, and Rogues, Search Engine Roundtable
- Interactive Site Reviews and SERP Quality Control Forum, Search Engine Roundtable
Headlines & News From Elsewhere
- Danny Sullivan's Search Engine Land Launches December 11, Search Engine Land
- Google Map Search Wizard, Google Blogoscoped
- AOL Courting NBC Exec?, ClickZ
- Get a Google Painting, Google Blogoscoped
- SingleFeed Introduces Tracking Feature, ComparisonEngines
- Answering your landing page quality questions (part 1), AdWords blog
- Google, Peabody to replace HCA on S&P indices, Reuters
- Microsoft, Google `Overlap' on Products, Gates Says, Bloomberg
- Intel names Yahoo CFO Susan Decker to its board, Reuters
- Win a Blackberry Pearl with Ask.Com, This is Local London
- Microsoft Hands Bradford Reins at MSN, Adweek
- Google Wants to Read Your Spam, Google Blogoscoped
- Click to call in Google Maps, Google blog
- Johnny Chou Leaves Google China, Mcanerin
- Good News, Bad News, YPN Blog
- European Street Maps Release, Yahoo Local Blog
- Yahoo! Maps releases from Beta, Yahoo Local Blog
- How To Use Google Maps For Prank Calls, Inside Google
- Las Vegas Pubcon Yahoo Party, Online Marketing Blog
- Google Base turns 1, Google Blog
- New Feature: Compliance Manager, YPN Blog
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT) for the Mac, Google Mac Blog
- Yahoo Buys Site for Staging Online Contests, NY Times
- Yes, it's true... I'm leaving AOL., The Jason Calacanis Weblog
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!