Below, a recap of stories posted today to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with other items we've spotted but not blogged separately:
Extended version since Danny and I are in or on our way back from the PubCon Vegas conference.
From The SEW Blog...
- Nothing because of PubCon coverage...
WebmasterWorld PubCon Vegas 2006 Roundtable Coverage
- Special Guest Keynote - Danny Sullivan - Search Engine Land, Search Engine Roundtable
- Press and Public Relation Campaigns, Search Engine Roundtable
- Forums and Communities : Building and Optimization, Search Engine Roundtable
- Spider and DOS Defense - Rebels, Renegades, and Rogues, Search Engine Roundtable
- Interactive Site Reviews and SERP Quality Control Forum, Search Engine Roundtable
Headlines & News From Elsewhere
- Danny Sullivan's Search Engine Land Launches December 11, Search Engine Land
- Google Map Search Wizard, Google Blogoscoped
- AOL Courting NBC Exec?, ClickZ
- Get a Google Painting, Google Blogoscoped
- SingleFeed Introduces Tracking Feature, ComparisonEngines
- Answering your landing page quality questions (part 1), AdWords blog
- Google, Peabody to replace HCA on S&P indices, Reuters
- Microsoft, Google `Overlap' on Products, Gates Says, Bloomberg
- Intel names Yahoo CFO Susan Decker to its board, Reuters
- Win a Blackberry Pearl with Ask.Com, This is Local London
- Microsoft Hands Bradford Reins at MSN, Adweek
- Google Wants to Read Your Spam, Google Blogoscoped
- Click to call in Google Maps, Google blog
- Johnny Chou Leaves Google China, Mcanerin
- Good News, Bad News, YPN Blog
- European Street Maps Release, Yahoo Local Blog
- Yahoo! Maps releases from Beta, Yahoo Local Blog
- How To Use Google Maps For Prank Calls, Inside Google
- Las Vegas Pubcon Yahoo Party, Online Marketing Blog
- Google Base turns 1, Google Blog
- New Feature: Compliance Manager, YPN Blog
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT) for the Mac, Google Mac Blog
- Yahoo Buys Site for Staging Online Contests, NY Times
- Yes, it's true... I'm leaving AOL., The Jason Calacanis Weblog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!