The move toward offering certification and training in search marketing is accelerating. Here's a rundown on some new courses and developments I've heard of recently.
- Kalena Jordan's Search Engine College has
launched "Certification Pathways," a bundle of courses designed to get
people up to speed in the space.
- Wondering if you should even be in search marketing? SEMPO's got a webinar
designed to help,
Starting a Career in Search Marketing, happening on November 30 at Noon
- SEMPO is also offering the SEMPO Institute, a distance learning program
designed to provide search engine training. The group
says it will go live
in January 2007 with a course on fundamentals, followed by an advanced SEO and
advanced paid search curriculum. Do the training, and you get a certificate.
- My DMA
Offering Search Marketing Certification Program post from September covers
how the DMA was going to offer their own training and certification course.
Why We Need Search Standards from iMedia Connection provides a bit of an
update on that. Courses are to launch in January -- more information can be
- Incisive is offering training courses following the SES Chicago 2006 show.
This page outlines what's being offered. You can attend these classes in
addition to the show (more info on the entire show
separately, if you want.
- Training courses from Bruce Clay aren't new, but he's been offering them longer and more consistently than anyone I can think of. So you might want to check those out here.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.