Below is a selection of stories posted today to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with other items we've spotted but not blogged separately:
From The SEW Blog...
- Search YouTube Content with Podzinger
Podzinger, the speech-to-text video and audio search engine, has announced the extension of their technology to searching the content in YouTube videos. Now, searchers no longer need to rely on just the text and tags provided by YouTube submitters, but can find keyword mentions directly in the video.
- Online video usage increasing as TV viewing declines
Piper Jaffray & Co., has just reported the results of their latest survey of online users, which suggests that video usage is rapidly increasing, while TV viewing is declining.
- Yahoo! China To Become Business Search Engine
Yahoo China will develop into a search engine for the business vertical. This is an interesting move on the part of the second largest search engine in China. Is Yahoo test driving a future move globally?
- Backfence Faces Setback
Hyperlocal destination site Backfence has lost its CEO and co-founder Susan DeFife, due to a failure to see eye-to-eye with the board of directors. The move also comes amidst a round of layoffs in that axed off two thirds of the company.
Headlines & News From Elsewhere
- Court Says Keyword Advertising Isn't A Trademark Violation, Techdirt
- The Basics of Search Engine Optimization, Google Blogoscoped
- MarketSmart Interactive Closes Doors, Marketing Pilgrim
- SEO: Art, Science, Bollocks Or What?, ClickZ
- The New On-Site Optimisation, SEOmoz
- Yahoo To Introduce New Version of 'Go', Search Engine Land
- The 5 Essential Elements of Search Engine Keyword Research, Copyblogger
- Campaigns Launch on Ad-Supported Directory Assistance Line, ClickZ
- ChaCha Search Engine Gets $6m Funding from Jeff Bezos and others, Online Marketing Blog
- 4Info Upgrades Mobile Search Offering, MediaPost
- Ford, Microsoft Team Up on New Dashboard OS, Ars Technica
- Social Networking Websites and Teens: An Overview, Pew Internet & American Life Project
- Interview: Amanda Watlington on Second Life and Blogs, Online Marketing Blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!