Below is a selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with today's headlines from around the Web:
From The SEW Blog...
- SEMPO Board Nominations Open
It's that time of year again -- time to pick new leadership at SEMPO, the Search Engine Marketing Professionals Organization. Members can nominate candidates for the board of directors for 2007-8 until next Thursday, Jan. 18.
- Quality Score, AdWords Quirk In Delivery
Even when an AdWords campaign is not optimized for delivery, it can still be impacted by quality scoring. A Google rep explains why.
- Microsoft Live Analytics Enters Alpha Stage
Microsoft is working on a free Web analytics product to take on Google Analytics. It's been spotted in the wild recently, under the code-name Gatineau. The project is in closed alpha stage, with plans for an invite-only beta in coming months and a potential launch later this year.
- A Majority of Users Would Submit Reviews
A Harris Interactive poll conducted for Yahoo Local found that 67 percent of respondents said they would be likely to post an online rating or review, and 79 percent of respondents said they'd be likely to be influenced by such a rating or review. That kind of data highlights the importance to users of social features, and explains Yahoo's decision to increase those features in Yahoo Local in recent months.
Headlines & News From Elsewhere
- More Context on Gannett/McClatchy/Tribune Network, ClickZ
- MyBlogLog Got Spammed (and so did we), TechCrunch
- Inc. 500 Embracing Social Media Faster Than Fortune 500, Marketing Pilgrim
- Good Search Engine Marketing Books, Search Marketing Standard
- January 2007 Update On Google Indexing & Ranking Issues, Search Engine Land
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.