Below is a selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with today's headlines from around the Web:
From The SEW Blog...
- Urchin Founder Talks About Google Analytics
Urchin founder Brett Crosby talks with Eric Enge about Google Analytics' philosophy of building a scalable product with minimal service needs, the good and bad of being acquired by Google, and the top issues facing analytics providers.
- DMOZ Taking Site Suggestions
It's debatable if anyone still cares about the Open Directory Project given its recent issues, but if you do, you'll be happy to know they're taking submissions again.
- Findory Set to Coast to a Halt
After looking around in vain for a plan for the news aggregator/search/social network that would help him retain his passion, Findory CEO & founder Greg Linden has decided to let the site coast to a halt instead.
- The Neutrality Debate
Whether regulation or market forces drive things, there are real challenges for publishers ahead without net neutrality.
- PR Newswire links press releases to Technorati
Readers of PR Newswire's press releases can now use Technorati to track reactions from bloggers directly from announcements via press releases.
Headlines & News From Elsewhere
- Hooked on Google, SiliconValley.com
- Priced Out On Search Ads, Small Retailers Look To Print, Radio, Paid Content
- SEO Milestones: How search optimization theory evolved, SEO Theory
- Study Says Get In Top 5, Not Top 10 & Search Engines May Need To Highlight Official Sites, Search Engine Land
- Google PageRank Update: What it Really Means, Search Engine Journal
- In The Game Of Advertising, Search Is Benched, Search Insider
- Is 2007 The Year The Web Dies Under The Weight Of Video?, v7n
- Direct Marketers to Further Adopt Online Channel in 2007, ClickZ
- Vertical Specialization - I am bullish on the “last mile” of search, Howard Lindzon
- Newspapers should own local search results, Don Dodge
- I'm Not a Click. I'm Not a Keyword. I'm a Person, ClickZ
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!