Below is a selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with today's headlines from around the Web:
From The SEW Blog...
- Compete and comScore each reported December search market share numbers
Both research firms reported Google continuing growth, but differed in the direction AOL and Yahoo took this month.
- Without Neutrality, What Happens to Search?
Search depends on net neutrality. As a searcher, you already know how it feels to be blocked from results. Who hasn't performed a search where you clicked to some blocked or paid access page? Now imagine that on a larger scale, and search becomes an exercise in ultimate frustration.
- What's Worth More, the Review or the Links?
SponsoredReviews has joined the much-maligned pay-to-blog network scene.
- Improve Your WordPress Search Results
Getting a WordPress blog up and running is easy. However, getting the best search results from your WordPress blog has typically required more than a little creativity.
Headlines & News From Elsewhere
- Yahoo's Acquisition Pattern: Smart and Cheap, Read/Write Web
- SEO Benefits from Blogs, Online Marketing Blog
- Wikiseek: Leveraging Wikipedia For Web Search, Poorly, Search Engine Land
- SEO Gets Its Own Rock Song, Marketing Pilgrim
- SEO isn't hacking - and data security tips, SEOmoz
- @ NATPE: Jon Miller Makes His First Post-AOL Outing, Paid Content
- SEO: Rocket Science or Colonoscopy?, Online Marketing Blog
- Online Advertisers Should Consider Smaller Sites, WebProNews
- Taking a side on Net Neutrality, DMNews
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!