Below is a selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with today's headlines from around the Web:
From The SEW Blog...
- Compete and comScore each reported December search market share numbers
Both research firms reported Google continuing growth, but differed in the direction AOL and Yahoo took this month.
- Without Neutrality, What Happens to Search?
Search depends on net neutrality. As a searcher, you already know how it feels to be blocked from results. Who hasn't performed a search where you clicked to some blocked or paid access page? Now imagine that on a larger scale, and search becomes an exercise in ultimate frustration.
- What's Worth More, the Review or the Links?
SponsoredReviews has joined the much-maligned pay-to-blog network scene.
- Improve Your WordPress Search Results
Getting a WordPress blog up and running is easy. However, getting the best search results from your WordPress blog has typically required more than a little creativity.
Headlines & News From Elsewhere
- Yahoo's Acquisition Pattern: Smart and Cheap, Read/Write Web
- SEO Benefits from Blogs, Online Marketing Blog
- Wikiseek: Leveraging Wikipedia For Web Search, Poorly, Search Engine Land
- SEO Gets Its Own Rock Song, Marketing Pilgrim
- SEO isn't hacking - and data security tips, SEOmoz
- @ NATPE: Jon Miller Makes His First Post-AOL Outing, Paid Content
- SEO: Rocket Science or Colonoscopy?, Online Marketing Blog
- Online Advertisers Should Consider Smaller Sites, WebProNews
- Taking a side on Net Neutrality, DMNews
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!