A selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Linkbait in 2007
"The linkbait way of link building is a mindset. To do it well, you need to put thoughts of manipulating the system to one side and focus entirely on providing value to your clients users and making that value easy to link to."
- Google Updates AdSense Policies
Changes to AdSense publisher policies, especially the competitive ad policy, could mean headaches for publishers rotating ads from both AdSense and a competitive network, such as Yahoo Publisher Network.
- Two- and Three-Word Queries Rule
According to data collected from users of European Web analytics provider OneStat, most people use 2- or 3-word queries in search engines.
- Using Web Analytics to Drive SEO Decisions
When creating a search marketing program for Weather.com, the marketing team at The Weather Channel Interactive depended heavily on Web analytics to inform both its organic and paid search decisions.
- Sproose Leaps Out of Beta
The social search engine says it has surpassed 250,000 unique users in just 30 days.
- PPC Back Fill Map, or Who Is King Of Garbitrage?
Figuring out which major engine is providing paid search ads to which second-tier search engines is becoming increasingly tricky business.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Managing Your Pay-Per-Click Portfolio, Search Engine Guide
- SEO Analytics: Measuring Search Success, SEO Theory
- Reader Poll: What makes you love your SEO job?, Online Marketing Blog
- Local Search: The Relevance Dilemma, ClickZ
- V7N Enters the Link Buying Business, Marketing Pilgrim
- Search Articles from E-LIS, SEO by the Sea
- SEM's Seven-Year Itch, Part Two, Search Insider
- Want To Switch to a New Domain? 301 Redirects vs. 302 Redirects, SEO Roundtable
- Leveraging Linkbait, YPN Blog
- Why the Landing Page Is the Life of the Party, ClickZ
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!