A selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Courts Book Publishers, Librarians
Google held an all-day love-fest for book publishers at the New York Public Library, complete with an all-star cast of Web luminaries.
- Are You Undervaluing Traffic?
Many marketers aren't able to quantify the value of online traffic. The problem isn't that online traffic costs are increasing, it's that they cost so little to begin with.
- The Sweet Smell of Search?
The concept of "search scent" illustrates that humans forage for information on the Internet in much the same way animals follow scent and visual cues to find food.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Top 5 Trends in 2007, Google CPG blog
- Vertical Search Auctions on Portals Coming Soon?, ClickZ
- The Year in Review, Google Webmaster Central blog
- The Online Sea Change: Seevast CEO Lance Podell Talks Rebranding and Reemerging in the Video-Centric New Year, Adotas
Search and traffic sourcing are both crucial to luring shoppers to your website. In this article, "2 Successful Holiday Strategies for Online Retail", you'll learn how to use a two-pronged approach for your holiday search campaigns that combine top keywords with the best referral sites. Data in this article comes from SimilarWeb.