A selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Citysearch Bolstering Local Ad Sales Teams
Citysearch is pulling out the big guns to compete in the local search ad arena. The IAC-owned company just opened a new sales office in Atlanta, and expects to have 180 people in the new location by June, in inside, outside and national sales.
- Yahoo's Tim Mayer Talks Search Builder
Yahoo's Tim Mayer, director of product management for Yahoo Search, talks about Yahoo Search Builder, a custom vertical search tool similar to Google Co-op. He explains the goals and benefits of vertical search, and says that publishers using Search Builder could potentially see deeper crawls of their sites.
- Wikipedia External Links Now "Nofollow"
A new SEO contest has led Wikipedia to reverse a decision made just over a year ago and return to its policy of applying rel="nofollow" to all outbound links.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Throwing Out the Tool with the Blogwater, A Shel of My Former Self
- LinkBait alone won't do it. You need Link Ninjas., Jim Boykin
- Are You In The Circle Of Link Trust?, Search Engine Land
- Lawyers Cost Money But SEO is Free?, Online Marketing Blog
- Indexing and Ranking: The Chicken or the Egg?, ClickZ
- I Don't Digg Being Dugg, Cre8pc
- Lots of New Birds Eye Coverage in Europe, Windows Virtual Earth blog
- Quantcast.com - Better than Hitwise, Alexa, and Compete.com Combined?, SoloSEO
- Benefits of the New Platform, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- Google, YouTube, and the Future of Web Video, Don Dodge
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.