A selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Keyword Research Industry Still Lacks a Clear Choice
Keyword phrase research is perhaps the most important part of any search engine marketing campaign. Unfortunately, the majority of the available services are lacking when it comes to bet-the-farm-on-it certainty of search numbers and predictions.
- Plan Your SEO for the Long Haul
Most SEO firms can be divided into two camps -- short-term "algorithm chasers" or far-sighted SEO practitioners who build keyword-focused, search-friendly, user-friendly Web sites.
- Google Fights for Its Trademark
Google has sued serial trademark litigant and self-styled "intellectual property entrepreneur" Leo Stoller for false advertising, unfair competition and RICO violations for claiming that Stoller owns the Google trademark.
- Midomi a New Entrant in the Growing Voice Search Market
The just launched Midomi search engine combines voice search with a social network. Anyone with a microphone hooked to their computer can search or add to the database by singing, humming or whistling their favorite tune.
- YouTube Video Creators to Share Ad Revenues
YouTube co-founder Chad Hurley has confirmed for the BBC that YouTube expects to roll out an ad model that includes revenue-sharing for video creators who upload their content to YouTube.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Pondering Google's Project in Social Space. Google Blogoscoped
- Wikipedia Added to Google OneBox, Micropersuasion
- Right Media Spurs Network Sparring Over Small Site Inventory, ClickZ
- News Corp To Buy 10 Percent Of Online Video Syndicator Roo Group, paidContent
- Are You Linkbaiting The Right Audience, Search Engine Land
- What's next?, Union Square Ventures
- Perspective: Hey, Publishers, Put Down the AdSense Crack Pipe, Thought Shapers
- SEO and the Social Networking Effect, iMedia Connection
- Yahoo Talks More About Panama, Search Insider
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!