A selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google, AOL Report Earnings
Google had another good quarter...AOL shows promising signs.
- Wordtracker launches free keyword suggestion tool
While Yahoo is experiencing problems with their free keyword tool, Wordtracker has seized the moment to release a free version of its popular tool.
- Can Mainstream Media's Adoption of RSS and Web 2.0 Spur Consumer Adoption?
A number of prominent mainstream media publications that have added Web 2.0 buttons to their pages. Is this the beginning of mass adoption?
- A Tale of Two Summits
New York this week was home to both the SIIA and AlwaysOn Media conferences.
- Live From NAA: Local Search Takes Center Stage
The general chatter in and around the Newspaper Association of America Marketing Convention in Las Vegas this week has a palpable air of online strategy development.
- More Search Share Numbers
Nielsen/NetRatings released its December search share numbers, and Hitwise adds in January search volume numbers.
- Retailers Should Focus on SEO, Shopping Search
Retailers should move beyond their traditional paid search campaigns and pay attention to SEO and shopping search engines, according to a new study from TrafficLeader.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Why Traditional Marketers Should Adopt SEM, Search Engine Guide
- Online Advertising Needs to Evolve, SEOmoz
- StumbleUpon's New Webmaster Friendly Referral Page, Search Engine Land
- Search engine marketing spillovers, Pandia
- Has Yahoo Picked Marketing as Its Game?, GigaOm
- Google's unhappy radio salesmen, Valleywag
- Another Round of G-Mail vs Gmail, Google Blogoscoped
- What Microsoft Could Have Been in Local Search, The Kelsey Group
- Tagging and the ‘Culture of Participation', Screenwerk
- CNET Networks Invests In Linguistic Search Firm TextDigger, paidContent
- The beginner's guide to critiquing the Long Tail, The Long Tail
- Google's Quest For Information, Google Operating System
- New Technorati "WTF" Feature Clones Digg, Micropersuasion
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!