A selection of stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google, AOL Report Earnings
Google had another good quarter...AOL shows promising signs.
- Wordtracker launches free keyword suggestion tool
While Yahoo is experiencing problems with their free keyword tool, Wordtracker has seized the moment to release a free version of its popular tool.
- Can Mainstream Media's Adoption of RSS and Web 2.0 Spur Consumer Adoption?
A number of prominent mainstream media publications that have added Web 2.0 buttons to their pages. Is this the beginning of mass adoption?
- A Tale of Two Summits
New York this week was home to both the SIIA and AlwaysOn Media conferences.
- Live From NAA: Local Search Takes Center Stage
The general chatter in and around the Newspaper Association of America Marketing Convention in Las Vegas this week has a palpable air of online strategy development.
- More Search Share Numbers
Nielsen/NetRatings released its December search share numbers, and Hitwise adds in January search volume numbers.
- Retailers Should Focus on SEO, Shopping Search
Retailers should move beyond their traditional paid search campaigns and pay attention to SEO and shopping search engines, according to a new study from TrafficLeader.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Why Traditional Marketers Should Adopt SEM, Search Engine Guide
- Online Advertising Needs to Evolve, SEOmoz
- StumbleUpon's New Webmaster Friendly Referral Page, Search Engine Land
- Search engine marketing spillovers, Pandia
- Has Yahoo Picked Marketing as Its Game?, GigaOm
- Google's unhappy radio salesmen, Valleywag
- Another Round of G-Mail vs Gmail, Google Blogoscoped
- What Microsoft Could Have Been in Local Search, The Kelsey Group
- Tagging and the ‘Culture of Participation', Screenwerk
- CNET Networks Invests In Linguistic Search Firm TextDigger, paidContent
- The beginner's guide to critiquing the Long Tail, The Long Tail
- Google's Quest For Information, Google Operating System
- New Technorati "WTF" Feature Clones Digg, Micropersuasion
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!