Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Mywaves Adds Personalized Mobile Video Search
Video delivered to your phone based on keyword search is the essence of the new offering.
- Super Bowl Advertisers Missed Opportunities
How did Super Bowl TV advertisers integrate search into their media plan? Most of them did some search marketing, but very few did enough.
- Eurekster Adds Community Features
Personalized/social search provider Eurekster has launched several new community-based features to its swicki platform.
- Google Enhances Its "Link:" Command at Webmaster Central
Google's enhancement of its "Link:" operator allows researchers to discover many of the links that Google has indexed as pointing to a particular URL.
- Take the Jupiter/ClickZ Search Marketing Survey
The ClickZ Network, which includes Search Engine Watch, and JupiterResearch are now conducting our semi-annual Search Marketing 2007 executive survey.
- Linkbait Rules As Linkbait -- Masterful
Andy Hagans has successfully baited links from several search marketing blogs with his Ultimate Guide to Linkbaiting and Social Media Marketing.
- Niched or Vertical Approach Popular in Chinese Search
In the last 30 days, both Yahoo and MSN have announced vertical initiatives into the Chinese market.
- What's Serendipity?
When you find a story you wouldn't have normally read, that's called serendipity in the newspaper world. The WSJ says serendipity is alive and well at online newspapers too.
- All The Code -- New Search Engine for Programmers
The source code search engine for the Java language has lots of development of its own ahead.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Thanks to the Web, the Scorekeeping on the Super Bowl Has Just Begun, NY Times
- Andy Hagans' Ultimate Guide to Linkbaiting and Social Media Marketing
- What Yahoo's Panama Update Means For Searchers, Search Engine Land
- How will social optimization change the SEO industry?, SEO Buzz Box
- LinkMoses On The New Google Link Analysis Tools, Link Moses
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Links, Web Marketing Today
- Setting Up a Blog - Some Things You Should Know From an SEO Perspective, Search Engine Roundtable
- Clickability Scores, Media Plans, and Historic Click-throughs: More Yahoo Search Marketing Patent Applications, SEO by the Sea
- Google Patent on Extended Search Indexes, SEO by the Sea
- Measuring the ROI from Social Media Marketing, Pronet Advertising
- On Alexa, Compete.com, Quantcast, et al., Traffick
- Critical mass and social network fatigue, John Udell
- Bruce Clay Adopts Collarity, Bruce Clay Blog
- 7 Strategy Challenges for Effective Online Marketers, grokdotcom
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!