Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Mywaves Adds Personalized Mobile Video Search
Video delivered to your phone based on keyword search is the essence of the new offering.
- Super Bowl Advertisers Missed Opportunities
How did Super Bowl TV advertisers integrate search into their media plan? Most of them did some search marketing, but very few did enough.
- Eurekster Adds Community Features
Personalized/social search provider Eurekster has launched several new community-based features to its swicki platform.
- Google Enhances Its "Link:" Command at Webmaster Central
Google's enhancement of its "Link:" operator allows researchers to discover many of the links that Google has indexed as pointing to a particular URL.
- Take the Jupiter/ClickZ Search Marketing Survey
The ClickZ Network, which includes Search Engine Watch, and JupiterResearch are now conducting our semi-annual Search Marketing 2007 executive survey.
- Linkbait Rules As Linkbait -- Masterful
Andy Hagans has successfully baited links from several search marketing blogs with his Ultimate Guide to Linkbaiting and Social Media Marketing.
- Niched or Vertical Approach Popular in Chinese Search
In the last 30 days, both Yahoo and MSN have announced vertical initiatives into the Chinese market.
- What's Serendipity?
When you find a story you wouldn't have normally read, that's called serendipity in the newspaper world. The WSJ says serendipity is alive and well at online newspapers too.
- All The Code -- New Search Engine for Programmers
The source code search engine for the Java language has lots of development of its own ahead.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Thanks to the Web, the Scorekeeping on the Super Bowl Has Just Begun, NY Times
- Andy Hagans' Ultimate Guide to Linkbaiting and Social Media Marketing
- What Yahoo's Panama Update Means For Searchers, Search Engine Land
- How will social optimization change the SEO industry?, SEO Buzz Box
- LinkMoses On The New Google Link Analysis Tools, Link Moses
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Links, Web Marketing Today
- Setting Up a Blog - Some Things You Should Know From an SEO Perspective, Search Engine Roundtable
- Clickability Scores, Media Plans, and Historic Click-throughs: More Yahoo Search Marketing Patent Applications, SEO by the Sea
- Google Patent on Extended Search Indexes, SEO by the Sea
- Measuring the ROI from Social Media Marketing, Pronet Advertising
- On Alexa, Compete.com, Quantcast, et al., Traffick
- Critical mass and social network fatigue, John Udell
- Bruce Clay Adopts Collarity, Bruce Clay Blog
- 7 Strategy Challenges for Effective Online Marketers, grokdotcom
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!