Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Facebook on the Rise
Partnerships with Comcast and Jobster could help the social networking site take on MySpace.
- Is Google Radio Sinking? DMarc Founders Depart
The founders of DMarc are leaving Google amidst reports of tension over Google's approach to radio ad sales.
- Google Hoping Smiles Are Contagious
Google plans to wallpaper its office walls with pictures of smiling Google advertisers.
- A Newcomer's Guide to SES?
A guide for newbies to search industry events: which type of attendee are you?
- Building Your Own Search Engine
Google's core technology assets go beyond search engine algorithms to include massively deployed server networks operating in close harmony.
- Has Powerset Found Its Edge?
Semantic search startup Powerset has licensed some natural language search technology developed at PARC.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Powerset's search technology scoop, may scare Google, VentureBeat
- The 950 Penalty or a New Ranking Theory?, Bruce Clay Blog
- Miva Lays Off, Restructures, ClickZ
- SEMPO Survey Reveals Major Shifts, Part 1, ClickZ
- Personalized Search – The Feature No one is Asking For, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Getting Started With Web Analytics: Step One - Glean Macro Insights., Occam's Razor
- The Truth About SEO, Publishing 2.0
- Why Links Matter: So Simple a Monkey Could Understand It, Sugarrae
- How to Shoot Yourself in the Foot with Search Engine Optimization, GrokDotCom
- UK SEO companies, Cornwall SEO
- The Enormous Linkbait list, Cornwall SEO
- On linkbaiting, SEO'ing and all that other crap, Ben Metcalfe
- The Search Conference Groupie, SearchMarketPro
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!