Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Taggers Hitting the Mainstream
There are enough people tagging now to (almost) call it mainstream.
- Yahoo Outlines Keys to PPC Success: Test, Test, Test
Michael Egan, senior director of content solutions, gives a run-down of the ad testing features available in Panama, and suggests that ad testing is a "must do."
- A Conversation with Google's Director of Print Ads
Tom Phillips, director of print ads at Google, was interviewed last week at a VC event in New York.
- Yahoo Builds "Brickhouse"
A Business Week story reveals Yahoo's internal program to get more agile. Last week's release of Pipes represents the first fruits.
- More Sites Hitting Google's Supplemental Index?
Both Aaron Wall and Andy Hagans have posted tips to get a site out of Google's supplemental index.
- Voices of the Few
The “voices of the few” seem to be setting the social search agenda, or at least influencing what we find on social sites.
- Google Revamps Sitelinks
Google has made some changes to the way it assigns and shows Sitelinks, the list of pages included under the search results for certain sites that have a clear directory structure.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Large Search Engines Have Only 30% Of Search Query Traffic, David Ogletree
- Google Using Search Engine Scrapers to Improve Search Engine Relevancy, SEO Book
- Open Season on Search Marketing, Biznology
- Web Analytics, SEO, and Site Usability, ClickZ
- The gradual building of context, Web Analytics Demystified
- Sure Fire Headline FOR Google AdWords Boosts ROI by 200+%, MindValley Labs
- Nine Reasons You Should Be Using and Watching Facebook, Sugarrae
- The Most Measurable Medium? Yeah, Keep Telling Yourself That, ClickZ
- The SEM Landing Page Dilemma, Search Marketing Gurus
- Neuromarketing & Branding in the Search Results, SEOmoz
- 7 Rules for Landing Page Optimization, Optimize and Prophesize
- Top 10 Search Terms in 10 Categories, January 2007, ClickZ Stats
- PowerHype At Powerset, TechCrunch
- Microsoft, Google & Others To Build New Wireless Device?, Search Engine Land
- Are You Reaching Your Influencers?, DMNews
- Google Potential Deal To Buy AdScape Hits Snag; Looking At Others, paidContent
- Digg Rock Stars, TechCrunch
- Little Known Way To Determine How Much To Advertise, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- What If We Don't Get Digital Advertising to Scale?, ClickZ
- How To Generate Targeted Site Traffic Without Search Engines, Scoreboard Media
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!