Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Taggers Hitting the Mainstream
There are enough people tagging now to (almost) call it mainstream.
- Yahoo Outlines Keys to PPC Success: Test, Test, Test
Michael Egan, senior director of content solutions, gives a run-down of the ad testing features available in Panama, and suggests that ad testing is a "must do."
- A Conversation with Google's Director of Print Ads
Tom Phillips, director of print ads at Google, was interviewed last week at a VC event in New York.
- Yahoo Builds "Brickhouse"
A Business Week story reveals Yahoo's internal program to get more agile. Last week's release of Pipes represents the first fruits.
- More Sites Hitting Google's Supplemental Index?
Both Aaron Wall and Andy Hagans have posted tips to get a site out of Google's supplemental index.
- Voices of the Few
The “voices of the few” seem to be setting the social search agenda, or at least influencing what we find on social sites.
- Google Revamps Sitelinks
Google has made some changes to the way it assigns and shows Sitelinks, the list of pages included under the search results for certain sites that have a clear directory structure.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Large Search Engines Have Only 30% Of Search Query Traffic, David Ogletree
- Google Using Search Engine Scrapers to Improve Search Engine Relevancy, SEO Book
- Open Season on Search Marketing, Biznology
- Web Analytics, SEO, and Site Usability, ClickZ
- The gradual building of context, Web Analytics Demystified
- Sure Fire Headline FOR Google AdWords Boosts ROI by 200+%, MindValley Labs
- Nine Reasons You Should Be Using and Watching Facebook, Sugarrae
- The Most Measurable Medium? Yeah, Keep Telling Yourself That, ClickZ
- The SEM Landing Page Dilemma, Search Marketing Gurus
- Neuromarketing & Branding in the Search Results, SEOmoz
- 7 Rules for Landing Page Optimization, Optimize and Prophesize
- Top 10 Search Terms in 10 Categories, January 2007, ClickZ Stats
- PowerHype At Powerset, TechCrunch
- Microsoft, Google & Others To Build New Wireless Device?, Search Engine Land
- Are You Reaching Your Influencers?, DMNews
- Google Potential Deal To Buy AdScape Hits Snag; Looking At Others, paidContent
- Digg Rock Stars, TechCrunch
- Little Known Way To Determine How Much To Advertise, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- What If We Don't Get Digital Advertising to Scale?, ClickZ
- How To Generate Targeted Site Traffic Without Search Engines, Scoreboard Media
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!