Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, search-related headlines from around the Web, and assorted blog reports from Search Engine Strategies London:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google to Update Ad Quality Scoring
In the next couple weeks, Google will implement a new algorithm for AdWords ad ranking, and provide advertisers with more visibility into that scoring process.
- Are You Really Analyzing Your Paid Search Campaigns?
What do you do when the needle won't move anymore -- when you can't invest another dollar in your paid search program without diminishing your returns? The answer lies in the data.
- Blogs & Social Media Drive Traffic and Search Rankings
ClickInfluence's Nick Wilson shares a primer from SES London on the steps companies should take to get involved in blogging and participate in social media.
- Where the Influencers Roam
While getting the most buzz, “YOU” are not the only influencer out there. In addition to what's happening on social sites, there are many other places where the influencers roam.
- HotFrog Brings Web 2.0. to U.K. Business Lookups
Australian online directory HotFrog launched today in the UK, bringing the buzzcloud concept to directory listings.
- Krugle Partners with the Yahoo Developers Network
Krugle, the code search engine for developers, announced a partnership to provide search functionality to the Yahoo Developer Network.
- Google to Test CPC-based Site Targeting
Google announced plans to begin running CPC-based ads using the site targeting feature.
- Avinash Kaushik Talks About Competitive Intelligence Tools
The analytics guru shares his knowledge of finding value from search through analytics.
- Shopzilla Shuffles Execs, Leads Scripps' Push Online
Shopzilla announced Tuesday that its founding chairman and its president of two years will depart from the shopping search engine in the spring.
- AOL Turns Up Dial on FullView Marketing
AOL began promoting its new FullView integrated search interface, which launched in October.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Making the Case for SEO to Small Businesses, Small Business SEM
- Our Valentine's day gift: out of beta and adding comments, Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Google Tries to Establish My Worth As A Person, Bruce Clay Blog
- What Will Replace the Almighty Page View?, Micropersuasion
- Landing Page Secrets, Web Metrics Guru
- Search Deathmatch: Google vs. Yahoo!, iMedia Connection
- If Content is King, How Do You Quickly Ascend the Throne?, B2B SEO
- SEO and reputation management round up, Venture Skills Blog
Reports from SES London:
- Reporting Live from SES London, SEOmoz
- Google's Matt Cutts Keynote At SES London, Search Engine Land
- A Keynote Conversation with Google's Matt Cutts, Search Engine Roundtable
- Matt Cutts Keynote from SES London, Metamend
- European Case Studies at Search Engine Strategies London, Search Engine Roundtable
- Video and Podcast SEO at SES London, Search Engine Roundtable
- SES: Campaign & Project Management, WebProNews
- Vanessa Fox on Site Architecture, SEO Revolution
- At London SES, Will Party with London SEO, notsleepy
- Tales From SES Part 1 - Flights, Hotels, Lifts from ExCel Security, Drinks with SEOs & Chatting with the Googlers, Red Cardinal
- SES London, Enquisite Search Metrics Blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!