Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, search-related headlines from around the Web, and assorted blog reports from Search Engine Strategies London:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Reorg In Full Effect: Advertiser and Publisher Group Changes
Memo outlines the departure of Panama architect Steve Mitgang, and the focus on supply, demand, and marketing channels.
- Google Webmaster Team Clarifies Nofollow
Googlers confirm that Googlebot will not follow the rel="nofollow" tag.
- Yahoo's Local Ad Options
A look at the finer points of local ad options available in Yahoo's Panama platform.
- ChaCha Ad Options Explored
The human-powered search engine offers CPC-based text links or rich media display ads, all targeted by guide-defined category.
- Online Video Gets Local
The video advertising dial is moving towards local, driven by growing amounts of affordable online ad inventory.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Ad Quality: What's Changed, Traffick
- Search Tip: In-house, or Outsource?, Rimm-Kaufman Group blog
- Google's Web Apartheid: Gone Supplemental and Getting Nowhere, SEO Theory
- Improving Ad Quality, Part IIIYahoo Search Marketing Blog
- If Content is King, How Do You Quickly Ascend the Throne?, B2B SEO
- Is your linkbait not working? Try writing instead, Venture Skills Blog
- The Ultimate Guide To Increasing Web Traffic, Link Building Blog
- Just Exactly What is a Unique Visitor?, Ramblings About SEO
- Decker Gets Rid of Mitgang, Got Ads?
- Yahoo Did Not Rip Off Digg, Search Engine Journal
- Let's stop the "Yahoo ripped off Digg" meme right now., Jason Calacanis
- MSN enter social news arena with Digg competitor - MSN Reporter, LiveSide
- Yahoo Defends Digital Ad Dollars At Its First Infront Presentation, paidContent
- The Story of Sergey Brin, Moment
- I-Spy poaches Yahoo search chiefNet Imperative
- Acquisitive aQuantive Doubles Profits, ClickZ
- NearByNow, the shopping mall search engine, Venture Beat
- From Analyst to Evangelist… Let's get it started!, GartenBlog
- A metric for messaging, Now What?
- Does Rhetoric Have A Place In Copywriting?, Speaking Freely
- Measuring social activities online using my visitor engagement metric (Part V in a series), Web Analytics Demystified
- SportsGuy gets a book deal, The Online Marketing Guy
- The real secret to a successful blog/book/business..., Creating Passionate Users
- Omniture to Acquire Site-Side Behavioral Targeting Firm, ClickZ
Reports from SES London:
- LondonSEO.org Party - Tonight!, Search Marketing Gurus
- What's a Low-Quality Ad, Anyway?, Traffick
- How to Build Hundreds of Thousands of Links, Without Sending A Single Email, Click Influence
- Search Engine Strategies London, Day 1, Bruce Clay Blog
- Search Engine Strategies London, Day 2, Bruce Clay Blog
- Search Engine Strategies, Day 3, Bruce Clay Blog
- Last Night in London, SEOmoz
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.