Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, search-related headlines from around the Web, and assorted blog reports from Search Engine Strategies London:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Reorg In Full Effect: Advertiser and Publisher Group Changes
Memo outlines the departure of Panama architect Steve Mitgang, and the focus on supply, demand, and marketing channels.
- Google Webmaster Team Clarifies Nofollow
Googlers confirm that Googlebot will not follow the rel="nofollow" tag.
- Yahoo's Local Ad Options
A look at the finer points of local ad options available in Yahoo's Panama platform.
- ChaCha Ad Options Explored
The human-powered search engine offers CPC-based text links or rich media display ads, all targeted by guide-defined category.
- Online Video Gets Local
The video advertising dial is moving towards local, driven by growing amounts of affordable online ad inventory.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Ad Quality: What's Changed, Traffick
- Search Tip: In-house, or Outsource?, Rimm-Kaufman Group blog
- Google's Web Apartheid: Gone Supplemental and Getting Nowhere, SEO Theory
- Improving Ad Quality, Part IIIYahoo Search Marketing Blog
- If Content is King, How Do You Quickly Ascend the Throne?, B2B SEO
- Is your linkbait not working? Try writing instead, Venture Skills Blog
- The Ultimate Guide To Increasing Web Traffic, Link Building Blog
- Just Exactly What is a Unique Visitor?, Ramblings About SEO
- Decker Gets Rid of Mitgang, Got Ads?
- Yahoo Did Not Rip Off Digg, Search Engine Journal
- Let's stop the "Yahoo ripped off Digg" meme right now., Jason Calacanis
- MSN enter social news arena with Digg competitor - MSN Reporter, LiveSide
- Yahoo Defends Digital Ad Dollars At Its First Infront Presentation, paidContent
- The Story of Sergey Brin, Moment
- I-Spy poaches Yahoo search chiefNet Imperative
- Acquisitive aQuantive Doubles Profits, ClickZ
- NearByNow, the shopping mall search engine, Venture Beat
- From Analyst to Evangelist… Let's get it started!, GartenBlog
- A metric for messaging, Now What?
- Does Rhetoric Have A Place In Copywriting?, Speaking Freely
- Measuring social activities online using my visitor engagement metric (Part V in a series), Web Analytics Demystified
- SportsGuy gets a book deal, The Online Marketing Guy
- The real secret to a successful blog/book/business..., Creating Passionate Users
- Omniture to Acquire Site-Side Behavioral Targeting Firm, ClickZ
Reports from SES London:
- LondonSEO.org Party - Tonight!, Search Marketing Gurus
- What's a Low-Quality Ad, Anyway?, Traffick
- How to Build Hundreds of Thousands of Links, Without Sending A Single Email, Click Influence
- Search Engine Strategies London, Day 1, Bruce Clay Blog
- Search Engine Strategies London, Day 2, Bruce Clay Blog
- Search Engine Strategies, Day 3, Bruce Clay Blog
- Last Night in London, SEOmoz
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!