Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blogsearch-related headlines from around the Web, and some final blog reports from Search Engine Strategies London:
From the SEW Blog:
- A Step Forward For Mobile Local Search
Nokia and Motorola announced yesterday at the annual 3GSM World Congress that they will launch their own navigation services that don't require carrier networks.
- Using Google Webmaster Tools to increase your link juice
Using Google Webmaster Tools creatively, you can increase your valid in-bound links.
- Another Look at the SEMPO Data
SEMPO research committee co-chair Kevin Lee digs deeper into the findings from the groups State of Search Engine Marketing report.
- Google Reportedly Buys In-Game Ad Company
Google's on-again, off-again deal to buy AdScape is apparently on again. Google will reportedly buy the in-game advertising technology provider for $23 million.
- Keep an Eye on the Traditional
Sometimes, success in search marketing rests on your ability to keep up with the latest cutting-edge tactics and outpace your competitors. But not always.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- All About Title Tags, Search Engine Guide
- 10 Likely Elements of Google's Local Search Algorithm, Small Business SEM
- What's The Most Effective Word You Can Use In A Headline?, Speaking Freely
- Secrets of the H1 tag revealed, Cornwall SEO
- We Tried That Already, ClickZ
- Query String Usage in adCenter: Part 1 - What Exactly Is a Query String?, adCenter Blog
- Worried about page views dying? Don't be., Web Analytics Demystified
- Google AdWords Quality Score Has Major Bug, Search Engine Land
- Defending NoFollow Against Angry SEOs, Search Engine Journal
- Third-Party Serving In Search: The Solution To Click Fraud And Other Dilemmas?, Search Insider
- Advertising Breakdown by Industry, December 2006 and January 2007, ClickZ Stats
- Clarifications upon the Performancing Sale - Interviews with Nick Wilson and David Krug, Problogger
- How To Drive Traffic to Your Blog - The Advice of a 12 Year Old, Problogger
Reports from SES London:
- Search Across the Pond, ClickZ
- The LondonSEO Conference Party Strikes Again!, LondonSEO
- Search Engine Strategies (SES) London 2007, 1st-SEM.co.uk
- LondonSEO.org Party Photos, SEOblog UK
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!