Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blogsearch-related headlines from around the Web, and some final blog reports from Search Engine Strategies London:
From the SEW Blog:
- A Step Forward For Mobile Local Search
Nokia and Motorola announced yesterday at the annual 3GSM World Congress that they will launch their own navigation services that don't require carrier networks.
- Using Google Webmaster Tools to increase your link juice
Using Google Webmaster Tools creatively, you can increase your valid in-bound links.
- Another Look at the SEMPO Data
SEMPO research committee co-chair Kevin Lee digs deeper into the findings from the groups State of Search Engine Marketing report.
- Google Reportedly Buys In-Game Ad Company
Google's on-again, off-again deal to buy AdScape is apparently on again. Google will reportedly buy the in-game advertising technology provider for $23 million.
- Keep an Eye on the Traditional
Sometimes, success in search marketing rests on your ability to keep up with the latest cutting-edge tactics and outpace your competitors. But not always.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- All About Title Tags, Search Engine Guide
- 10 Likely Elements of Google's Local Search Algorithm, Small Business SEM
- What's The Most Effective Word You Can Use In A Headline?, Speaking Freely
- Secrets of the H1 tag revealed, Cornwall SEO
- We Tried That Already, ClickZ
- Query String Usage in adCenter: Part 1 - What Exactly Is a Query String?, adCenter Blog
- Worried about page views dying? Don't be., Web Analytics Demystified
- Google AdWords Quality Score Has Major Bug, Search Engine Land
- Defending NoFollow Against Angry SEOs, Search Engine Journal
- Third-Party Serving In Search: The Solution To Click Fraud And Other Dilemmas?, Search Insider
- Advertising Breakdown by Industry, December 2006 and January 2007, ClickZ Stats
- Clarifications upon the Performancing Sale - Interviews with Nick Wilson and David Krug, Problogger
- How To Drive Traffic to Your Blog - The Advice of a 12 Year Old, Problogger
Reports from SES London:
- Search Across the Pond, ClickZ
- The LondonSEO Conference Party Strikes Again!, LondonSEO
- Search Engine Strategies (SES) London 2007, 1st-SEM.co.uk
- LondonSEO.org Party Photos, SEOblog UK
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!