Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Business.com to Provide WSJ PPC Advertising
Business.com has inked a deal to become the exclusive provider of pay-per-click advertising for the Dow Jones' Wall Street Journal Online search pages.
- The 301 Redirect Headache
Moving Web pages that have been indexed by search engines to a new URL via a 301 permanent redirect can cause a headache that must be planned for.
- Google Groups Becoming a Gold Mine for SEO Information
Google Groups recently relaunched with a new look and feel. One of the most popular groups in the search engine optimization community is the Webmaster Help group.
- Google News isn't top dog in UK news search, either
Last week, we wrote that Yahoo News and AOL News have larger unique audiences than Google News -- in the US. So, what's the story in the UK?
- MSN Reporter -- A Digg Competitor from MSN
MSN Reporter, in beta since October 2006, has launched in the Netherlands, Belgium and Norway markets.
- Bill Wise Leaves Did-it
Bill Wise has resigned his post as CEO of the paid search management agency Did-it.com.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Understanding Link Reputation, Search Engine Land
- New Google Plus Box for Financial Information, Google Operating System
- If People Hate Your Writing Google Hates Your Website, SEO Book
- Lies and Half-truths SEOs pass around, SEO Theory
- Google Fixes AdWords CPC Price Gouge Bug, Search Engine Roundtable
- Quality Score Transparency: Cool, Traffick
- Web Intelligence Operations: What search engines don't tell you, SEO Theory
- The Lisa's Problem With Wikipedia Explained, Bruce Clay Blog
- Online Poker - Too Competitive for White Hat SEO?, SEOmoz
- Why Niche Brands Win, The Long Tail
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.