Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Local Search Gets its Mojo Working
MojoPages launched today, combining traditional online yellow pages listings with social media features.
- Sproose to Show 'Subject Expert' Information in Search Results
The personalized social networking search engine plans for "Wiki-style" expert listings to be included in Sproose's search results.
- Microsoft Consumer Intention Tool Rocks!
The tool does not always give you what you are expecting -- but there are times when what we think should be true sometimes isn't.
- Google Looks at Human Brain Algorithm
Google is really pushing forward with its studies into Artificial Intelligence. So now we have to wonder if the Google future is going to be an "AI" world, or a "Terminator" world.
- European Countries Plan to Track Net Use
Europeans may soon find they cannot be anonymous on the Web anymore.
- What is the Value of a Link?
What's a link worth to you, to buy or develop?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Presidents Day Google Algorithm Update?, Search Engine Roundtable
- When Good SEOs Go Elite, Search Engine Guide
- What's Your Comfort Level in Shades of Gray?, Jim Boykin
- My Advice on Google Sitemaps - Verify, but Don't Submit, SEOmoz
- Search engine love: now they crawl me, now they don't, SEO Theory
- Make Search Work: Paid vs. Natural, iMedia Connection
- Ask.com Patent on Optimizing Search Results Pages Based Upon User Activity, SEO by the Sea
- New features available in Microsoft adCenter Beta, adCenter Blog
- Content Producers Are Hit and Miss With RSS, ClickZ
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!