Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Quality Score Now Live
The quality score update to Google's ad ranking algorithm announced last week is now live.
- Lighten Up, Dear Video Advertiser
Given how advertisers behave on TV, maybe it's time for them to lighten up.
- Yahoo, Google and Bloglines Dominate Web-based RSS Reader Market
A report from FeedBurner finds that a few top readers are driving the majority of clicks.
- Local Search Partnerships of the Day
Today saw notable partnership announcements in the local search space from Tellme and AdStar.
- More Ads for MySpace
A Fox Interactive Media's acquisition could mean more graphical ads will appear on MySpace pages.
- Search Biz Lends A Hand
In the analytics area, the big search and portal businesses are lending a hand to the display ad marketplace.
- Google Adds Non-search Revenue Stream
Google today launched its "Google Apps Premier Edition," a subscription-based offering of its office/productivity apps, including webmail, calendar, IM, docs and spreadsheets.
- BusinessWeek: Search Ads Getting Too Pricey
The business magazine explores a "fallout from a new online ad rush," where commerce giants are increasingly muscling out smaller businesses from the ad pool.
- Yahoo Sings The News - Will Investors Sing the Blues
Singing newscasters? Is something wrong at Yahoo?
- Krugle Adds Microsoft CodePlex to its Index
Hot on the heels of providing code search integrated into the Yahoo Developer network, Krugle is now working with Microsoft.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- New to SEO? Stop taking clients, then asking for help, The Online Marketing Guy
- Improving Ad Quality, Part IV, Yahoo Search Marketing blog
- Google To Offer Anti-Piracy Tools To All, Eventually; Doing Damage Control After Non-Deals, paidContent
- Buyers and people looking for information interpret search results differently, Pandia Search Engine News
- Google Algorithm Update / Refresh, SEO Book
- How Can I Check My Navigation?, Biznology
- Collarity - a pretty interesting Categorization Engine - Part 1, Web Metrics Guru
- Treat your Visitors from Search Ads and Contextual Ads Differently, SoloSEO
- Google on Letting Searchers Remove Pages from the Web, SEO by the Sea
- Insider Pages Acquisition May Be Announced Next Week, TechCrunch
- 7 Opportunities for “New School” SEO, Stuntdubl
- Marissa Mayer Interview on Personalization, Out of My Gord
- Marketing Bout: Data vs. The Gut, Optimize and Prophesize
- Hot Fun in London Town, SEM Clubhouse
- Serving the Client's Best Interest is Not Always in the Client's Best Interest!, Search Engine Guide
- The Robots Exclusion Protocol, Google Blog
- U.S. Search Engine Rankings and Top 50 Web Rankings, January 2007, ClickZ Stats
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!