Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- 11 Guidelines for Getting Authoritative Links
Authoritative links bring value to your Web promotion strategy that far exceeds their value on the surface.
- Is Google Gearing Up For Assault On Traditional Media?
An advertiser survey from Google asks questions that span traditional and interactive media, and hint at the tools and methods Google may have in the works.
- SES London Cartoon Review
Rebecca Kelley at SEOmoz has once again summarized her Search Engine Strategies experience with a cartoon created from photos of the London conference.
- EFF Backs Google Trademark Advertising Methods
Google's allowing of advertising on trademarked keywords has received the support of the civil rights group Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- Marchex Adds Conversion Tracking
Marchex's new conversion tracking feature allows advertisers to designate and track five different types of conversions in its PPC advertising platform.
- Skype's One-Two Punch
Skype rolled out an updated version which allows users to search for local businesses and call them.
- Veritas Pays $30 Million To Settle AOL Fraud Case
The SEC will receive $30 million from Veritas to settle the AOL advertising fraud case. AOL paid $200 million in 2005 to settle its part of the case, which found both companies had inflated advertising sales numbers by as much as $20 million.
- Adify To Provide Ads for Washington Post, Newsweek
Adify's "Build Your Own Network" ad platform will be used by the Washington Post and Newsweek for their online publications.
- Search Engine Advertisers' Wish List
What changes do you wish the search engines would implement to make PPC search advertisers' lives easier?
- Yahoo Gives 2nd SearchLight Award
Avenue A | Razorfish took home top honors for their “Your Choice, Your Chase” campaign.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Matt Cutts Wants You To Help Fight Spam, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- User Reviews: Hot and Getting Hotter, Small Business SEM
- Accessibility: 5 Questions with Andy Hagans, Convert Up
- Panama Increasing Click Throughs, Marketing Shift
- GOffice - what's the big deal?, Beyond VC
- Search engines now more popular than adult sites, Netimperative
- Social Media Monitoring Firm Cymfony Being Bought By Taylor Nelson Sofres, paidContent
- How to Use StumbleUpon for Your Business: The Definitive Guide, 10e20
- Too many companies are like bad marriages, Creating Passionate Users
- Geo Targeting Tips With Yahoo Search Marketing, Search Engine Roundtable
- Digg Upgrades Spam Armor, Unblocks Sites, TechCrunch
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!