Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Niched Portals and Vertical Search: The Catch Phrases of 2007
Microsoft and Yahoo seem to be making 2007 the year of niched portals and vertical search.
- Google Content Will Report Publishers, Allow Separate Bidding
The New York Times reported today that Google will soon allow advertisers separate bidding for individual publishing partner sites.
- SEMPO Board Named
SEMPO has elected a new board of directors for 2007, with eight returning and five new directors.
- comScore Defines Panama Effects
ComScore Networks has found that Yahoo's new ranking model has increased click through rates on its ads, at least initially.
- MSN Rectifies CPC Bug
Microsoft adCenter fixed the bug that boosted many people's CPC bids late last week.
- Microsoft Acquires Medical Search Provider
Microsoft has agreed to acquire MedStory, a search engine focused on the medical space.
- Avinash Kaushik Interview
From an SEO perspective, getting clear data about what's happening on your site can be a very powerful way to focus your efforts.
- Google Mixes Videos in Organic Result
Google is experimenting with including videos in the organic results.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- What Makes Searchers Click?, Biznology
- Can You Compete with Industrial Strength Linkbaiting?, Tropical SEO
- Driving Conversion in B2B Search Optimization, B2B SEO
- 11 Networking Tips for Search Marketers, Search Engine Journal
- Secret Confessions of a Link-A-Holic, Problogger
- Yahoo Publisher Network's Trojan Horse, TechCrunch
- SEO Niches and the Big Picture, ClickZ
- Showcase Your "Best" to Social Media Traffic, Pronet Advertising
- Are Google Apps a Productivity Killer?, Don Dodge
- Panama Puts Yahoo Back in the Race, Business Week
- An Ad Upstart Forces Google to Open Up a Little, NY Times
- Google in Content Deal With Media Companies, NY Times
- Piper Pegs 2011 Web Ad Spending at Over $80 Billion, ClickZ
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!