Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Niched Portals and Vertical Search: The Catch Phrases of 2007
Microsoft and Yahoo seem to be making 2007 the year of niched portals and vertical search.
- Google Content Will Report Publishers, Allow Separate Bidding
The New York Times reported today that Google will soon allow advertisers separate bidding for individual publishing partner sites.
- SEMPO Board Named
SEMPO has elected a new board of directors for 2007, with eight returning and five new directors.
- comScore Defines Panama Effects
ComScore Networks has found that Yahoo's new ranking model has increased click through rates on its ads, at least initially.
- MSN Rectifies CPC Bug
Microsoft adCenter fixed the bug that boosted many people's CPC bids late last week.
- Microsoft Acquires Medical Search Provider
Microsoft has agreed to acquire MedStory, a search engine focused on the medical space.
- Avinash Kaushik Interview
From an SEO perspective, getting clear data about what's happening on your site can be a very powerful way to focus your efforts.
- Google Mixes Videos in Organic Result
Google is experimenting with including videos in the organic results.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- What Makes Searchers Click?, Biznology
- Can You Compete with Industrial Strength Linkbaiting?, Tropical SEO
- Driving Conversion in B2B Search Optimization, B2B SEO
- 11 Networking Tips for Search Marketers, Search Engine Journal
- Secret Confessions of a Link-A-Holic, Problogger
- Yahoo Publisher Network's Trojan Horse, TechCrunch
- SEO Niches and the Big Picture, ClickZ
- Showcase Your "Best" to Social Media Traffic, Pronet Advertising
- Are Google Apps a Productivity Killer?, Don Dodge
- Panama Puts Yahoo Back in the Race, Business Week
- An Ad Upstart Forces Google to Open Up a Little, NY Times
- Google in Content Deal With Media Companies, NY Times
- Piper Pegs 2011 Web Ad Spending at Over $80 Billion, ClickZ
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!