Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Should You Bring Search Marketing In-House?
What goes into making a decision to bring search in-house? Duane Forrester takes a look in today's SearchDay.
- Value of Search Rankings Explained
What is a number one organic search ranking worth?
- Gmail Domain At Risk
Following an English court decision against Google, a British company is coming to the U.S. to challenge the search engine's ownership of Gmail.com.
- Redrum Returns to NYC: Informal Gathering of Interactive & Search Marketers
If you'll be in New York next Tuesday and feel like stopping by for a drink with other search and interactive marketing professionals, we'll be gathering in Soho.
- Flash and HTML Text Copies = Duplicate Content?
What techniques should be used to provide search engines an HTML file to chew on instead of trying to parse the Flash itself?
- Cramer Picks Ask and Yahoo Over Google Short Term
Google is CNBC personality Jim Cramer's Internet darling, but for the short term he advised selling some of your Google stock and taking some of the future profits from Ask and Yahoo.
- Ning Launches Build-Your-Own Social Network Service
The startup has launched a customizable platform that lets users pick and choose elements to add to their hosted social networks.
- Forbes.com Joins Quigo's Ad Network
Contextual ad provider Quigo has signed Forbes as a distribution partner.
- Yahoo Adds Another Rep To Help Online Forum Communities
First there was YahooSarah, now we also have YahooPete.
- Search Engines Are Allowed to Reject Ads
A court decision made it clear that search engines are allowed to reject an ad as part of their protected right of free speech.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Remember Search Marketing is Marketing, biznology
- The End of MFA Era?, Irishwonder
- The Hidden Cost Of A Link, Search Insider
- 10 Guidelines on How to Ask for a Link, Ramblings About SEO
- Robots.txt for the Rest of Us, Site Logic
- Fear of Personalized Search and SEO, Aaron Shear
- AdWords Optimization Tips: Part 2 - Assessing Your Website and Goals, Inside AdWords
- Quintura Visual Search Engine Relaunches, TechCrunch
- 5 Tips for Content Distribution Networks, Online Marketing Blog
- Google Grows Video Content Network, Runs Its Own Video Spots, ClickZ
- Connecting Google's Video Dots, Bruce Clay Blog
- Roo Group To Buy P2P Distribution Firm Wurld Media, paidContent
- Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned by Starting a Web Company, Ning Blog
- Ning versus Live Spaces and Yahoo Groups, Don Dodge
- Social Networking Saturation, Marketing Shift
- Lava Lamp: A Web Analytics Silver Bullet?, ClickZ
- Microsoft adCenter - Now open for business in Canada, eh!, adCenter Blog
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.