Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Autobytel's MyRide.com: The Future of Automobile Search?
Is the company that invented the automotive Internet now reinventing it?
- Yahoo Adds NOYDIR Tag
Finally we get to undo the silly descriptions the Yahoo directory editors foisted upon us.
- Panama from a Big Agency Perspective
Avenue A | Razorfish put Yahoo's Panama platform through the paces this month, and has shared some data from 33 search clients.
- Mobile, Video Search Ads Set to Grow?
A majority of North American search marketers are interested in mobile and video search, but few were willing to pay more for those ads.
- SEO Is Easy...and Hard
Reduced to its simplest form, SEO is a four-step process -- though implementing that process is no simple task.
- Jump On The Video Distribution Bandwagon
Rich video content can provide additional revenue streams outside your own domain.
- Step Right Up, Start A Community Site
Now anyone can invite their extended neighbors into a closed community and begin making money, right?
- Google Ad Sales Exec Exits
Patrick Keane, until recently the head of advertising sales strategy at Google, has left to become executive VP and chief marketing officer at CBS Interactive.
- Convera Offering New Search Tools
The Convera Publisher Control Panel is designed to help publishers integrate vertical search tools into their sites.
- Clicktracks CEO Interviewed
While many people are familiar with Google Analytics, fewer people are aware that Clicktracks offers a free analytics solution as well.
- vFlyer and "The Year of the Widget"
Online classifieds content and distribution platform vFlyer has come out with a line of widgets to display products or inventory on Web sites and blogs.
- Google Holds Testapalooza
"The idea for Testapalooza came out of discussions about how to build a vibrant testing community here at Google."
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Lays Groundwork for TV Scatter Sales Sortie, AdAge
- True Integration is Key to Agency Relevance, Says Forrester, ClickZ
- Where the REAL Money is in SEO, Johnon.com
- Hyperlocal Aggregator Outside.In Launches, Backed By $900,000 First Round, paidContent
- Top 100 Alternative Search Engines, February 2007, Read/Write Web
- The top 100 web search engines no one ever heard of, Don Dodge
- Google Rebang to be Chinese Zeitgeist?, Google Blogoscoped
- Google Maps Tailgates Yahoo, Microsoft With Real-Time Traffic Info, Search Engine Land
- Is Microsoft Removing Web Results When the Same Page Also Appears in Paid Results?, SEO by the Sea
- Global Yahoo! Search Index Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Open to everyone: The Microsoft adCenter beta, adCenter Blog
- Local Video: Ahead of Its Time, Marketing Shift
- Industry Moves: AOL Brings Time Warner's Kumar On As CFO, paidContent
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.