Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Cutts: The End is Near for Black Hat SEO
Google's Matt Cutts all but sounds the death knell for black hat SEO, which will be wiped out by personalization.
- Personalization, SEO, and Web Marketing
I don't believe that SEO is dead, but SEO in a vacuum will be dead at some point in the not-too-distant future.
- Google and the Site: Command Glitch
There's something amiss with the current "site:" command.
- Consumer Mags Are Waking Up
Consumer magazines are finally waking up and extending their brands online.
- Using MoLo to find a Mocha
There has been widespread agreement that location-based services will only work with an opt in model, hence the increased discussion over Mobile Local Search (MoLo).
- Microsoft's Appeal to Hollywood
Microsoft is reaching out to Hollywood studios to offer their assistance on anti-piracy efforts for its MSN Soapbox video sharing platform.
- More Search Engine Wishes
Kevin Lee continues his look at search engine wish lists, asking search engines for things that would help search advertisers.
- A Look at Google Censorship
Philipp Lenssen of Google Blogoscoped has compiled the answers to several questions on Google's censorship activities.
- Test of YouTube AdSense Unit Reveals Clickthroughs
A new Google ad format, which features YouTube videos inside an AdSense unit, may reveal clickthroughs for the ads via a bug in YouTube's "links" feature.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Yahoo Panama - Pros and Cons, Stepforth SEO Blog
- Two Clarifications on How Search Engines Interpret Links, SEOmoz
- .02% - Google's New Favorite Number For Click Fraud, SEM Clubhouse
- Google's Lasnik Wishes "NoFollow Didn't Exist", Marketing Pilgrim
- Top 20 things that scares the bajeezus out of Search Marketers, Finding the Sweet Spot
- 7 Old-Fashioned Networking Tips for SEO, SEO Hotline
- Tips for starting out in Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Tigers
- Personalized Homepage Adds Community Features, Google Operating System
- Bloggers Face-Off: Darren Rowse vs. Jeremy Shoemaker, Daily Blog Tips
- MediaPost Raw: Live from the 4A's Conference, MediaPost
- Increasing your rankings through robots.txt, Link Building Blog
- Follow The Consumer: Microsoft Going Nearly All Digital By 2010, MediaPost
- Google Apps in first collapse, ZDNet Software as Services Blog
- Yahoo's Predictive Queries, Invisible Tabs, and Temporal and Monetization Bias Experiments, SEO by the Sea
- USAToday Relaunch to Become Interactive, 10e20
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!