Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Cutts: The End is Near for Black Hat SEO
Google's Matt Cutts all but sounds the death knell for black hat SEO, which will be wiped out by personalization.
- Personalization, SEO, and Web Marketing
I don't believe that SEO is dead, but SEO in a vacuum will be dead at some point in the not-too-distant future.
- Google and the Site: Command Glitch
There's something amiss with the current "site:" command.
- Consumer Mags Are Waking Up
Consumer magazines are finally waking up and extending their brands online.
- Using MoLo to find a Mocha
There has been widespread agreement that location-based services will only work with an opt in model, hence the increased discussion over Mobile Local Search (MoLo).
- Microsoft's Appeal to Hollywood
Microsoft is reaching out to Hollywood studios to offer their assistance on anti-piracy efforts for its MSN Soapbox video sharing platform.
- More Search Engine Wishes
Kevin Lee continues his look at search engine wish lists, asking search engines for things that would help search advertisers.
- A Look at Google Censorship
Philipp Lenssen of Google Blogoscoped has compiled the answers to several questions on Google's censorship activities.
- Test of YouTube AdSense Unit Reveals Clickthroughs
A new Google ad format, which features YouTube videos inside an AdSense unit, may reveal clickthroughs for the ads via a bug in YouTube's "links" feature.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Yahoo Panama - Pros and Cons, Stepforth SEO Blog
- Two Clarifications on How Search Engines Interpret Links, SEOmoz
- .02% - Google's New Favorite Number For Click Fraud, SEM Clubhouse
- Google's Lasnik Wishes "NoFollow Didn't Exist", Marketing Pilgrim
- Top 20 things that scares the bajeezus out of Search Marketers, Finding the Sweet Spot
- 7 Old-Fashioned Networking Tips for SEO, SEO Hotline
- Tips for starting out in Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Tigers
- Personalized Homepage Adds Community Features, Google Operating System
- Bloggers Face-Off: Darren Rowse vs. Jeremy Shoemaker, Daily Blog Tips
- MediaPost Raw: Live from the 4A's Conference, MediaPost
- Increasing your rankings through robots.txt, Link Building Blog
- Follow The Consumer: Microsoft Going Nearly All Digital By 2010, MediaPost
- Google Apps in first collapse, ZDNet Software as Services Blog
- Yahoo's Predictive Queries, Invisible Tabs, and Temporal and Monetization Bias Experiments, SEO by the Sea
- USAToday Relaunch to Become Interactive, 10e20
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!