Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Global Strategies International Acquired by Ogilvy
Search marketing firm Global Strategies International, led by frequent search event speaker and author Bill Hunt, has been acquired by Neo@Ogilvy.
- Microsoft Chatting For Charity
In an attempt to increase use of Messenger, Microsoft has launched a charity drive that gives donations when you chat.
- Googler Criticizes Alexa Data
Peter Norvig, director of research at Google, has published some stats showing that usage by online marketers is skewing Alexa data.
- Justin Osmer Interviewed about Live QnA
Osmer tells Eric Enge that Microsoft has taken a very interesting approach to the QnA product, treating it as an enhancement to search, rather than a destination site.
- Google to Index Subscription Based Content
Adam Lasnik posted a comment in the Webmaster Help Google Group indicating Google is working on technology to allow crawling of pages that require a login.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Is Search Marketing Too Much Work for Publishers?, Biznology
- Search Sucks, Vol. 386: "Get Off Your Lazy Butt" Edition, Traffick
- YADAC: Yet Another Debate About Cloaking Happens Again, Search Engine Land
- Basic SEO & Advanced SEO, SEO Hotline
- Yahoo Panama - Pros and Cons, 15 Digital Marketing
- SEM, Measure for Measure, ClickZ
- Keane Keen on CBS Interactive, paidContent
- Octopart: Search Engine For Gadget Parts, TechCrunch
- Microsoft Deal Gives It Shot At Thriving Health Search Vertical, MediaPost
- Local Search Update: Yelp up 91%, Insider Pages up 34% in Past Six Months, Hitwise
- Google's 30 US Subsidiaries & International Companies, Search Engine Journal
- More Subsidiary Lists: Amazon.com (A9), IAC/Interactive (Ask.com), Microsoft, Time Warner (AOL) & Yahoo, Resource Shelf
- Keyword burnout? Not me., Content Done Better
- Google's Click Fraud Spin, Marketing Shift
- Why Google won't index USAToday's New Long Tail, Click Influence
- Zoominfo Selects Indeed to Power Job Search, Blog Indeed
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.