Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- More Early Yahoo Panama Results
As more early results roll in, it appears that Yahoo's Panama platform is delivering as promised, improving ad performance for big-brand marketers and quality of results for searchers.
- The Future of Link Building
With the rise of personalized search results, webmasters everywhere need to pay more attention to link marketing and Web marketing campaigns.
- Local Search, IYP Set to Grow
A new report from the Kelsey Group forecasts print yellow pages, IYP and local search growth over the next five years, showing IYP sites as forceful contenders in the directories game, in part because of their increasing search mettle.
- Friendster Drops Yahoo For Google
Social networking company Friendster has signed an agreement to run Google ads, replacing their previous ad provider Yahoo.
- Yahoo Uses Windows Mobile To Escalate Yahoo Go Reach
Yahoo! announced this morning a strategic partnership with HTC (High Tech Computer) to preload Yahoo Go on their Windows mobile phones.
- Podcast with Jim Sterne
Eric Enge recently sat down with Jim Sterne to record a podcast covering the world of Web analytics.
- LookSmart Goes Offline
LookSmart's site was unreachable for several hours today, due to a "production problem."
- Yahoo Using Craigslist, Not HotJobs, To Find Employees
ZDNet's Donna Bogatin questions the point of Yahoo HotJobs' claim of reaching over three times the readers of the top 100 newspapers in the U.S., if they need to outsource their own hiring needs.
- Superpages Adds Virtual Earth Maps
Superpages.com has upgraded its mapping capabilities by partnering with Microsoft to use its Virtual Earth platform.
- Former WebSideStory CMO Joins Unica
Rand Schulman, the former CMO of Web analytics provider WebSideStory, has joined Unica as GM of its Internet Marketing Solutions Group.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- In-House SEOs: The Aftermath, Natural Search Blog
- Reducing Barriers To Online Registration, Search Engine Land
- Should Google Buy Blinkx?, Search Insider
- PageRank 9 Sites, Google Blogoscoped
- Yahoo Panama - Pros and Cons, Stepforth
- The New Shape of Local Search, Ask.com Blog
- Microsoft Uses Michael Jordon to Slam at Google, Metamend
- Microsoft TechFest - Research Labs on display, Don Dodge
- Study Confirms Bleeding Obvious: Bloggers Discover Blogs via Other Blogs, Not Search, Click Influence
- The Freshman, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- Microsoft Live Death Pool, Got Ads?
- How to Become a Digg Top User (without doing anything shady), 10e20
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!