Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Tests TV Waters
Google's long-awaited move to TV advertising is underway, with a small test of AdSense ads on cable TV in California.
- Google's Local Business Center: Solving the "Last Block Problem"
Letting business owners define their location on a block addresses a little known problem, showing a step in the right direction to improve data quality.
- Difficult SEO Clients
There's no such thing as the perfect SEO client, but everyone knows that some are more difficult than others.
- Google News adds feature from Google Blog Search
If mainstream media keep adding blogs, and A-List bloggers keep becoming columnists for mainstream media, what is the difference long-term between news search and blog search?
- Did-It's Wise Lands at Right Media
Former Did-It CEO Bill Wise has been named president of Remix Media, a division of ad exchange Right Media.
- The press failed to see "search" as a kind of journalism
A new report from Journalism.org finds that the press is no longer the gatekeeper over what the public knows, and search is part of a new kind of journalism.
- Is Google Indexing Speeding Up?
A combination of existing trus, and constantly changing content is causing Google to look at some sites with greater frequency.
- Brian Induni Interview about the Web Analytics Association
The WAA plays a lead role in examining many of the basic issues in the Web Analytics industry.
- Yahoo!, AT&T Issue Joint Release To Stop Speculation
The two issued a release amid media speculation about the value of their partnership.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search Results in Search Results, Matt Cutts
- Why Search Engine Optimization is Crucial for Your Small Business, 10e20
- Is Search Engine Optimization Mainstream?, 3net SEM Blog
- Portals Are Still Gold, Says Avenue A/Razorfish, ClickZ
- Negotiations and Client Sales for SEO Consultants, Stuntdubl
- How Much Is 'Local Search' Really Worth?, Search Engine Land
- Yahoo Updates Answers Algorithm for Main Search Results, Marketing Pilgrim
- 5 Lessons from Multivariate Tests on Google PPC Ads, Optimize & Prophesize
- Yahoo Velocity: Not all is dire in the land of Yahoo!, Compete Blog
- Google's Local Media Ad Program Raises Revenue For Print, Radio - Can TV Be Far Behind?, paidContent
- Microsoft's Search Slugfest, Business Week
- Google Patent Application Clustering Users for Personalization, SEO by the Sea
- Is Web 2.0 Bad for Google?, Search Insider
- AOL Seeks Place in Upfront Scene, TVWeek
- Marketing Your Site on Yahoo Answers, Search Engine Journal
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.