Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Search Share of Digital Spending Slips
According to Avenue A | Razorfish's third annual Digital Outlook Report yesterday, search spending by AARF grew 17 percent overall, but search spending as a percentage of total billings dipped slightly from 31 percent in 2005 to 28 percent in 2006.
- Blinkx Launches Video Search Optimization Wiki and Handbook
Blinkx has launched a wiki-style, video search optimization site to help marketers, advertisers, and content owners maximize traffic to online video.
- Marketers Increasingly Turn to Social Networks
In 2007, as many as 48 percent of brand marketers will deploy marketing on social networking channels, up from about 38 percent who were messaging on the channel in 2006, according to a new JupiterResearch report.
- Want to Get Into Social Media? Get Vertical.
Organic's Chad Stoller shares some tips for marketers interested in getting involved in social media – get vertical.
- How Long Does it Take a New Site to Rank in the Search Engines?
This case study will show the rate of adoption of a folk song research site by the three major search engines.
- Divvio - Web Content Program Guide
Music, video and so much rich media exists online but organising it for easy access has always been a hurdle. Enter Divvio - the "TV Guide of the Web."
- Viacom Sues YouTube, Google for $1 Billion
It had to happen sooner or later. Viacom is suing Google via YouTube for $1 billion for massive copyright infringement.
- Google and Microsoft Rumors: Implications for Mobile Local Search
Rumors continue to swirl this week about a potential Microsoft acquisition of Tellme; and more speculation has surfaced on a possible Google phone.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Alt Search Engine Market Share Mashup, Read/Write Web
- SEO: Real Skills That Can Protect Your Traffic, Search Engine Land
- Interview with Google's Matt Cutts about Next-Generation Search, Read/Write Web
- Deadly sins of SEO Sites, Venture Skills
- Optimizing Business Communications for Search, Online Marketing Blog
- Why Should You SEO?, Search Engine Guide
- The Hunt for Search Engine Innovation, Part 1, Search Insider
- Top 10 Search Terms in 10 Categories, February 2007, ClickZ
- Why Topix.net Should Have Saved its $1 Million, Marketing Pilgrim
- Live Search Defines Place In Dictionary, WebProNews
- Social Search Firm Eurekster Gets $5.5 Million Second Round, paidContent
- Tellme Price - $800 Million, or More, GigaOm
- 10 Not-So-Quick-But-Still-Important Ways to Increase Conversions, Search Engine Guide
- Another MyBlogLog exploit!, Google Tutor
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!