Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Q&A With Ask.com's Gary Price
Gary talks about his role at Ask.com, some of Ask.com's latest products, and the relationships between search engines and librarians.
- Has Video Search Arrived?
It's sad but true -- we can measure the maturity of any market by the ways it gets manipulated.
- It's More Than Visits Alone
ComScore's new "visits" metric could become part of our tracking and selling parlance, but it doesn't tell the full consumption story.
- Yahoo Puts Addition on Brickhouse
Looks like Yahoo's getting serious about its new Brickhouse internal incubator. It has hired seasoned entrepreneur Salim Ismail to run the unit's operations.
- ContextWeb Lets Publishers Name Their CPM
Contextual ad network ContextWeb is rolling out a new pricing model that allows publishers in its network to set their own CPM rates for their inventory.
- IAB Issues Guidelines for Lead Quality
The IAB's Lead Generation Committee has published a practical set of guidelines to assist advertisers in measuring lead quality.
- Google to Anonymize Server Logs
In an effort to put users at ease and eliminate some privacy concerns, Google will begin anonymizing server log data after 18-24 months.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Legacy SEO Clients, Online Marketing Blog
- Optimizing the Mix of Paid and Organic Listings, 10e20
- Do Not Redesign Without a Plan for Search, SEO'Brien
- Local Content Is King, ClickZ
- Personalized Paid Search and Tracking Long and Short Term Interests, SEO by the Sea
- Starting your SEO Business: 10 Ways to Make Your Small SEO Firm Look Big, SoloSEO
- The Duplicate Content Penalty Myth. Search Engine Land
- Mobile Search Patent Blitz from Jumptap, SEO by the Sea
- Getting Out of a Bad Community, SEO Book
- Video PageRank: Google Searches for The Holy Grail, Read/Write Web
- How Do I Link Thee, Let Me Count The Ways, Performancing
- A tag by any other name, del.icio.us Blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!