Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Q&A With Ask.com's Gary Price
Gary talks about his role at Ask.com, some of Ask.com's latest products, and the relationships between search engines and librarians.
- Has Video Search Arrived?
It's sad but true -- we can measure the maturity of any market by the ways it gets manipulated.
- It's More Than Visits Alone
ComScore's new "visits" metric could become part of our tracking and selling parlance, but it doesn't tell the full consumption story.
- Yahoo Puts Addition on Brickhouse
Looks like Yahoo's getting serious about its new Brickhouse internal incubator. It has hired seasoned entrepreneur Salim Ismail to run the unit's operations.
- ContextWeb Lets Publishers Name Their CPM
Contextual ad network ContextWeb is rolling out a new pricing model that allows publishers in its network to set their own CPM rates for their inventory.
- IAB Issues Guidelines for Lead Quality
The IAB's Lead Generation Committee has published a practical set of guidelines to assist advertisers in measuring lead quality.
- Google to Anonymize Server Logs
In an effort to put users at ease and eliminate some privacy concerns, Google will begin anonymizing server log data after 18-24 months.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Legacy SEO Clients, Online Marketing Blog
- Optimizing the Mix of Paid and Organic Listings, 10e20
- Do Not Redesign Without a Plan for Search, SEO'Brien
- Local Content Is King, ClickZ
- Personalized Paid Search and Tracking Long and Short Term Interests, SEO by the Sea
- Starting your SEO Business: 10 Ways to Make Your Small SEO Firm Look Big, SoloSEO
- The Duplicate Content Penalty Myth. Search Engine Land
- Mobile Search Patent Blitz from Jumptap, SEO by the Sea
- Getting Out of a Bad Community, SEO Book
- Video PageRank: Google Searches for The Holy Grail, Read/Write Web
- How Do I Link Thee, Let Me Count The Ways, Performancing
- A tag by any other name, del.icio.us Blog
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!