Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Provides Webmasters with More Linking Data
Google has enhanced the reporting capabilities in its Webmaster Tools to show full phrases being used in anchor text, instead of just keywords within links to a site.
- Google Goes on Acquisition Binge
Gapminder's Trendalyzer data display technology and in-game ad technology from Adscape Media are now part of Google's repertoire.
- Skype Lanches v. 3.1, with Local Search Features
The latest version of the VoIP client includes local search and social networking features.
- Panama Ad Ranking Algo Explained
Confused by the new ad ranking algorithm in Yahoo's Panama platform? Kevin Lee provides a good illustration.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Privacy Watchdogs Call Google Move 'Good First Step', MediaPost
- Lycos Europe To Launch in U.S. Under Jubii Name, paidContent
- Sony's Grouper Picks Fight With Searchles, TechCrunch
- What's On The Minds Of Advertisers?, Search Insider
- How to Get a Double Listing in Google, Solo SEO
- Microsoft's Ballmer Calls Google One Hit Wonder, Mocks Management Skills & Criticizes At Future Growth, Search Engine Land
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!