Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Provides Webmasters with More Linking Data
Google has enhanced the reporting capabilities in its Webmaster Tools to show full phrases being used in anchor text, instead of just keywords within links to a site.
- Google Goes on Acquisition Binge
Gapminder's Trendalyzer data display technology and in-game ad technology from Adscape Media are now part of Google's repertoire.
- Skype Lanches v. 3.1, with Local Search Features
The latest version of the VoIP client includes local search and social networking features.
- Panama Ad Ranking Algo Explained
Confused by the new ad ranking algorithm in Yahoo's Panama platform? Kevin Lee provides a good illustration.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Privacy Watchdogs Call Google Move 'Good First Step', MediaPost
- Lycos Europe To Launch in U.S. Under Jubii Name, paidContent
- Sony's Grouper Picks Fight With Searchles, TechCrunch
- What's On The Minds Of Advertisers?, Search Insider
- How to Get a Double Listing in Google, Solo SEO
- Microsoft's Ballmer Calls Google One Hit Wonder, Mocks Management Skills & Criticizes At Future Growth, Search Engine Land
Upcoming Webinar: PPC Pause and Reflections for 2013
Thursday, December 12 - 2013 was a major turning point in search advertising. With Google's Enhanced Campaigns and Bing's innovative Smart Search capabilities in Windows 8.1, now is a great time to pause, reflect, and plan for the new year. Webinar attendance is free. Sign up today!