Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Can you Automate Link Development?
Using automation in link development is an attractive concept. The idea of getting bunches of links with minimal effort is compelling, but it's not real.
- Medio Launches PPC Mobile Search Ad Network
Mobile search provider Medio Systems has launched a new pay-per-click (PPC) text advertising platform.
- Yahoo Finance Market Share 52 times Bigger than Google Finance
Last month, I asked: "Is Google News the Tail Wagging the News Search Dog?" Today, I'd like to follow up by asking: "Is Google Finance the dog that didn't bark?"
- YouTube Announces 2007 YouTube Video Awards
Now is your chance to vote for 2007 YouTube Video Awards, honoring the best user-created videos of 2006.
- Comcast Playing Hardball with Google?
Either Comcast is shopping its business, or it's looking for a better deal with Google. In either case, Comcast wins in this situation.
- Google's Site Targeted CPC Getting Testing
The instructions for how to set up a site targeted CPC campaign have been added to Google's FAQs.
- AOL France Drops National Search Engine Exalead For Google
AOL France will drop the national search engine, Exalead, for Google.
- "Microsoft Sucks," According to Scoble
Former Microsoft Live evangelist Robert Scoble is now criticizing the company's performance.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Dupe Content Penalty a Myth, but Negative Effects Are Not, Natural Search Blog
- New Google Paper on Near Duplicate Documents, Cre8tive Flow
- The Secret to Ranking at the Search Engines (that's really no secret at all), SEOmoz
- SEO Bloggers: Step Away From the Keyboard, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Graywolf Puts the Smackdown on SEO Bloggers, SEO Scoop
- Microsoft Tells MVPs “We're In It to Win” — Really?, Scobleizer
- Improving the Odds of Connecting with Your Target Market, Out of My Gord
- Marriage of SEO & Accessibility Prevents Lawsuits, Increases Visibility, Reality SEO
- Live Twitter Search Engine Opens, Micro Persuasion
- SEOs - Don't Neglect Your Hardware, Performancing
- Putting a Value on NoFollow Links, Chris Garrett
- Collarity Relevance Engine - deep dive - part 2, Web Metrics Guru
- Move to a New Domain Without Losing Rankings (or Hair), ClickZ
- Microsoft Deal For Large Customers: Use Live Search, Get Free MSFT Products, John Battelle's Searchblog
- Viral's Not For Just Anyone: 50% In Survey Rate It Fad For The Lucky Few, MediaPost
- Deanna Brown Leaves Yahoo; Joins Scripps As President, Interactive Group, paidContent
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!