Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Can you Automate Link Development?
Using automation in link development is an attractive concept. The idea of getting bunches of links with minimal effort is compelling, but it's not real.
- Medio Launches PPC Mobile Search Ad Network
Mobile search provider Medio Systems has launched a new pay-per-click (PPC) text advertising platform.
- Yahoo Finance Market Share 52 times Bigger than Google Finance
Last month, I asked: "Is Google News the Tail Wagging the News Search Dog?" Today, I'd like to follow up by asking: "Is Google Finance the dog that didn't bark?"
- YouTube Announces 2007 YouTube Video Awards
Now is your chance to vote for 2007 YouTube Video Awards, honoring the best user-created videos of 2006.
- Comcast Playing Hardball with Google?
Either Comcast is shopping its business, or it's looking for a better deal with Google. In either case, Comcast wins in this situation.
- Google's Site Targeted CPC Getting Testing
The instructions for how to set up a site targeted CPC campaign have been added to Google's FAQs.
- AOL France Drops National Search Engine Exalead For Google
AOL France will drop the national search engine, Exalead, for Google.
- "Microsoft Sucks," According to Scoble
Former Microsoft Live evangelist Robert Scoble is now criticizing the company's performance.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Dupe Content Penalty a Myth, but Negative Effects Are Not, Natural Search Blog
- New Google Paper on Near Duplicate Documents, Cre8tive Flow
- The Secret to Ranking at the Search Engines (that's really no secret at all), SEOmoz
- SEO Bloggers: Step Away From the Keyboard, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Graywolf Puts the Smackdown on SEO Bloggers, SEO Scoop
- Microsoft Tells MVPs “We're In It to Win” — Really?, Scobleizer
- Improving the Odds of Connecting with Your Target Market, Out of My Gord
- Marriage of SEO & Accessibility Prevents Lawsuits, Increases Visibility, Reality SEO
- Live Twitter Search Engine Opens, Micro Persuasion
- SEOs - Don't Neglect Your Hardware, Performancing
- Putting a Value on NoFollow Links, Chris Garrett
- Collarity Relevance Engine - deep dive - part 2, Web Metrics Guru
- Move to a New Domain Without Losing Rankings (or Hair), ClickZ
- Microsoft Deal For Large Customers: Use Live Search, Get Free MSFT Products, John Battelle's Searchblog
- Viral's Not For Just Anyone: 50% In Survey Rate It Fad For The Lucky Few, MediaPost
- Deanna Brown Leaves Yahoo; Joins Scripps As President, Interactive Group, paidContent
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!