Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Renews Click Fraud Prevention Efforts
Yahoo today put a renewed focus on fighting click fraud by appointing Yahoo vet Reggie Davis as the new VP of marketplace quality.
- Microsoft Names New Search R&D Lead
Satya Nadella, who's currently heading the Microsoft Dynamics team, will move out of that role to lead a newly formed Search and Ad Platform Group within the Platform Services Division.
- AOL, MSN, MySpace And Yahoo! Strike Deal for Video
This everyone-but-Google distribution network could provide advertisers and users a powerful alternative to YouTube.
- IAC's Horan Shares Local Strategies
Peter Horan, CEO of IAC/InterActiveCorp Media and Advertising, shared elements of IAC's local content strategy in his keynote address Wednesday at the Kelsey Group's local search conference.
- Dennis Mortensen in Podcast: Click Fraud is between 2% and 4%
Going on data from more than 4,000 clients, the COO of Index Tools pegs the level of click fraud to be in the 2% to 4% range.
- SideStep and EveryClick Team Travel Searches, Charity Donations
The travel search engine just announced a partnership with EveryClick.com, a UK-based search engine with social responsibility, giving 50% of gross revenues to charities.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Internal Linking Strategy: SEO Self Reflection, Reality SEO
- Linkbait is about Creating the Spectacle, Cornwall SEO
- Measuring Competitors' Advantages, SEO Theory
- Why Michael Gray Hates SEO Bloggers, Cape Cod SEO
- 12 Quick Site Architecture Tips, Ramblings About SEO
- Google's New Text Link Ad Unit, Search Engine Roundtable
- 11 Key Take Aways from Elite Retreat Posts, Search Marketing Standard
- 5 Reasons to Attend Search Engine Strategies NYC, Online Marketing Blog
- Crowdsourcing: A Million Heads is Better than One, Read/Write Web
- Second Search Engine Marketing Scholarship Contest Launches, Marketing Pilgrim
- Web analytics seers peer into the crystal ball, Web Analytics Association
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!