Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google's New Text Link Ads -- Hotornot?
Some people worry that a new ad format included in the pay-per-action program has crossed a line.
- NewsCorp-NBC Deal Matters, But Not As Google-YouTube Killer
This consortium isn't meant to be a Google-YouTube killer or a portal that does everything, but should create some critical mass.
- Remapping Dynamic URLs to Static URLs can Increase Traffic
Our second case study has been brought to us by PlumberSurplus.com. In this case study we explore what happens with all the URLs on a site are changed.
- Google Blog Bar Proving Popular
Launched last week, the Google Blog Bar has proven popular and received quite a bit of feedback, according to Google.
- Microsoft is Down, but Don't Count Them Out
Microsoft has clearly stumbled in implementing its search and online advertising strategies. But should we count them out just yet?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Wasting Time or Clearly Incompetent - The SEO Consulting Debate, SEOmoz
- Google Tests a New Design for the Homepage, Google Operating System
- SEO for AJAX, Johnon.com
- The world's first carbon free search engine, Picsearch
- Ultimate Web Analytics Comparison Resources, Web Analytics World
- Hakia Takes On Google With Semantic Technologies, Read/Write Web
- How To: Get a SEO Blog to Digg's Front Page - The 6 C's, Brandon Hopkins
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!