Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- What Makes Us Search Online To Buy Offline?
According to a recent National Retail Federation study, a whopping 93% of offline shoppers spend time online first, including 35% who regularly research and another 58% who occasionally research online before buying in person.
- TV Guide Joins the Video Search Race
TV Guide will launch a test version next month of an online video search tool that allows viewers to find clips and full episodes of TV shows now being posted on the Web.
- Kinetic Results Now Dexterity Media
Dallas-based search and social media marketing firm Kinetic Results has rebranded itself as Dexterity Media, and founding partner Kevin Ryan has left the company.
- Bryan Eisenberg Talks about Persuasion Architecture
Bryan, and his brother Jeffrey, are the leading proponents of "Persuasion Architecture," the notion that you need to model and understand your customers in order to persuade them to buy what you are selling.
- Google Finds Less is More
Google is finding that out in respect to the number of ads it shows on certain search results pages. This kind of thinking is not new to search engines.
- Yahoo Directory Links Gone from Search Results
Yahoo has removed the "category" links, derived from the Yahoo Directory, from its previous position in its search results.
- Idearc Launches TV Campaign
The local search space is heating up, and now one player is moving the fight to TV.
- Is Google Planning to Expand in Beantown?
It looks like Google's shopping around for space in Boston or nearby Cambridge.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SEO: Publish or Perish?, Ramblings About SEO
- PageRank, Self-Serving Links, and Domain Trust, SEO by the Sea
- Pricing SEO work, position:relative
- Roundtable Coverage Schedule of the Search Engine Strategies New York 2007 Show, Search Engine Roundtable
- 10 Steps To a Successful SEO Relationship, SearchRank
- Is Google a Semantic Search Engine?, Read/Write Web
- Calacanis - SEO's Next Evangelist?, Pronet Advertising
- Google Pay Per Action Reaction, Optimize & Prophesize
- Around the SEM World: Personalized Search, Web Analytics World
- Google Showing More Weight Towards Site Factors as Opposed to Page Factors, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google's CPA Trials: Right for You?, ClickZ
- Testing AdWords Ads in Google Analytics, Unofficial Google Analytics Blog
- Is JotSpot Google's Glue?, Google Operating System
- The Enormous list of Linkbuilding tips, articles and resources, Cornwall SEO
- Merchant Circle Can Kiss My Consumer Ass, Sugarrae
- Anatomy of a new site's ranking process, SEO Scoop
- Google: Sergey Brin on ad revenue knob, ZDNet Digital Markets
- Social Networking and SEOcialista Revolution. Metamend
- Local Search, Usability and the Power of Brand, Screenwerk
- Search Marketing Includes Giving The People What They Want, Cre8pc
- How to Get Backlinks, ProBlogger
- The Most Overlooked & Affordable Keyword Research Method, 10e20
- Restaurateurs threatened by Social Media, and what to do about it, Web Strategy by Jeremiah
JUNE SALE! Save 15%*
Save on all e-learning certification courses, including: SEO, Social Media, Online Marketing Foundation, Web Analytics and more. Enter CZAJU at checkout »
Offer expires June 30. *Discount not applicable on SES Online products.