Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Launches Mobile Publishers Services
Yahoo is releasing some tools for publishers to submit their content to the OneSearch index or Yahoo Mobile Media Directory, and to sign up to show ads on their mobile sites from the new Yahoo Mobile Ad Network.
- Data Analysis Must Look Across Channels
Paid search does not exist in a vacuum, and it should not be looked at that way when it comes to data analysis.
- Judge Approves Yahoo Click Fraud Settlement
A judge has approved the proposed settlement reached nine months ago in a class action case brought against Yahoo by Checkmate Strategic Group in June 2005.
- Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Google?
Who's afraid of Google? Not Topix.net's Rich Skrenta, that's for sure. In his Skrentablog yesterday, he outlines 12 tips for up-and-coming search engines who want to take on Google.
- Panama Working Better Than Expected?
After Yahoo CEO Terry Semel crowed last week about the success of Panama, a Wall Street analyst now adds to Yahoo's merriment with news of even more success.
- The YouTube Video Contest – And the Winners Are ...
The votes are counted for the first ever YouTube Video contest, which was designed to honor the best user-generated video of 2006.
- Watch Bill Gates Fight Larry Page
Neil Patel has created the Search Engine SmackDown game, where the bigs of search engines battle each other.
- Sports Search Engine Even Has Gambling Info
Enth.com has announced a partnership with Stats LLC - a leading sports statistical data source - and is beta testing a vertical search engine.
- Baidu Launches Japanese Search Engine
The Chinese search engine, partially owned by Google, has launched Baidu.jp -- a Japanese search engine.
- Balihoo Demoing Advertising Industry Search Engine
Balihoo's search engine is designed to speed the process of locating media opportunities for media buyers and planners.
- Neil Patel Teaches Jason Calacanis SEO
In response to Jason Calacanis's comments about SEO, Neil Patel has shown Calacanis that even basic SEO actions can improve your traffic.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Things You Shouldn't Care About in PPC, PPC Discussions
- Baseball, SEO, and Redirects: Throwing the Gyroball, SEO by the Sea
- Search Engine Smackdown: The Video Game, Pronet Advertising
- Baking relevance, the most misunderstood recipe in SEO, SEO Theory
- Don't believe everything you read. Stepforth SEO Blog
- 5 Great Resources for SEO Beginners, Search Marketing Gurus
- Basics of Online Reputation Management, Online Marketing Blog
- The Unofficial and Smartass Guide to Using Facebook, Sugarrae
- Interview: Google's Dan Crow, The Guardian
- Statistical Significance is Overrated, Biznology
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!*
*Early Bird Rates expire April 17.