Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Do You Speak Programmer?
Just because search marketers and programmers happen to speak the same language, doesn't mean they are communicating.
- Reciprocal Linking Should Still be a Component of Your Web Marketing Strategy
Is reciprocal linking dead? Of course not. What should be history is the practice of requesting reciprocal links for the purposes of improving search engine rankings.
- Google Prepping BT Network?
Are Google's moves to expand its footprint into new areas a precursor to launching a behavioral targeting network?
- Yahoo Mail Turns 10, Offers Unlimited Storage
One of the biggest and oldest free email services announced it will be offering unlimited storage beginning in May.
- Slurp's Change of Address
Yahoo's web crawler, affectionately known as Yahoo Slurp, will move from its domain of inktomisearch.com to crawl.yahoo.net.
- Yahoo News Partners With Major Newspaper Publisher
The McClatchy Company, third largest newspaper publisher in the United States, will provide International news for the Yahoo News platform.
- MySpace Making $30 Million Per Month From Advertising
According to a report just released, MySpace are making over $30 million a month in ad revenue - 30-40% of which should be AdSense.
- Microsoft Eyeing DoubleClick?
Microsoft may be among the suitors hoping to acquire DoubleClick's online ad-serving platform.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SEO crack pipe increases traffic at Calacanis.com, Calacanis.com
- In-House SEO vs. Out-House SEO, Natural Search Blog
- Does Hiring a Search Engine Marketing Firm Cost or Save You Money?, WebMama
- SEO Site Analysis: Knowing the Score, Part 1, ClickZ
- Will Search Embrace Effective Video Ads?, Marketing Shift
- First Look at Google Audio (Radio) Ads, Marketing Pilgrim
- Link Hunting Tips: Death to Bad Link Metrics, Martinibuster
- Yahoo Quietly Making Serps Superfly, GoodROI
- Yes, Co-managed PPC And SEO Campaigns Work, Search Insider
- Studies: B-to-B Search Is Poised For Continued Growth, Search Engine Land
- Must Marketers Specialize?, Biznology
- Digg and the Auto Bury, GrayWolf's SEO Blog
- Search Faux-Pas: Smuggling Sponsors into Navigation Conventions, Traffick
- When Local Search Isn't Really Local, Small Business SEM
- Yahoo! Mail goes to infinity and beyond, Yodel Anecdotal
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!