Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Local Video Advertising on the Move
At The Kelsey Group's Drilling Down on Local '07 conference, video took center stage, with a palpable difference from past shows in the amount of chatter on and off the stage about local video advertising.
- Google Wants Your Spam Reports
The Google Search Quality Team posted an update on spam reporting, detailing what Google does with the spam reports.
- Link Checking at Live Search Has Been Disabled
The link:, linkdomain: and inurl: commands have in fact recently been disabled at Live Search due to mass automated usage.
- NYIM Throwing SES Charity Event
New York Internet Marketing (NYIM) is throwing a charity event on Monday April 9th from 7-10 pm to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House.
- YouTube Adds New Functionality for Categories
New functionality will let users organize clips around designated categories.
- NYT Reviews Google's Offline Media Efforts
Seems the bigger publishers like NYT are pleased with the efforts to date, while Google is pleased as they are nearly double what they expected.
- Online users finish more stories than print readers
According to the Poynter Institute's Eyetrack study released today at the American Society of Newspaper Editors conference, online readers finish news stories more often than those who read in print.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Forrester: Cautious Marketers Wait for Others to Take First Mobile Ad Steps, ClickZ
- Live Labs Unveils New Mobile Web Browser Technology, LiveSide
- Jason Calacanis Challenge Update, Pronet Advertising
- How To Choose A Search Engine Optimization Company, ISEdb
- Link Hunting Tips: Death to Bad Link Metrics, Martinibuster
- Get Clean Links From NoFollow Lemons, The Link Spiel
- DoubleClick Sale Could Risk Publisher Exodus, ClickZ
- Should Microsoft buy DoubleClick? Better double think that one, Don Dodge
- Yahoo's Testing an Interesting Search Interface on AllTheWeb, Technology Evangelist
- Must Marketers Specialize?, Biznology
- Seth Godin Gives Bad SEO advice, Social Media Systems
- Nota bene, Google Librarian Central
- Don't Argue Local Search Semantics, Embrace Them, ClickZ
- Choosing the right search engine, SEO Theory
- Introducing the Yahoo! Mail Web Service, Yahoo Developer Network Blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!