Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Voting Helps Dining Search, But Not Enough
Voting is one of the methods that we all accept for refining search results. While voting helps from a directional standpoint, results won't be perceived as accurate or relevant by everyone who sees them.
- Yellowpages.com Launches Text-based Mobile Local Search
Yellowpages.com today announced text-based local search tool for mobile devices.
- WebFetch, new meta search engine, launches in UK
In addition to web search results from Google, Yahoo Search, MSN Search, and Ask.com, WebFetch also offers image search, audio search, video search, news search, a business finder, and a people finder.
- ZipLocal Brings Local Search 2.0 to Canada
The site is a combination of Citysearch and Yellow Pages, with a lot of neat functionality, and a product road map that could make it much more.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- In-house Spotlight: Yahoo's Director of Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Journal
- Google Finds Unregistered Whois Data, Johnon.com
- Drupal SEO case study, Venture Skills Blog
- Social Media as a Service, Marketers' Consortium
- SES New York Charity Party - Help Spread the Word, GoodROI
- How and When to Integrate Search, iMedia Connection
- How to Brand with Google AdWords & Pay Per Click, Jennifer Slegg
- Google Games Patent Filing on Targeted Advertisements, SEO by the Sea
- Can The Nofollow Tag Hurt Ones Rankings?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Making the Most of Meta Description Tags, SEOmoz
- Trendwatch: Yelp Poised for Breakout?, Traffick
- Is Google Too Powerful?, Business Week
- How To Shoot Yourself in The Foot With Bad Plan and a Bad CMS Implementation, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Does Content Management Ruin Organic Search?, Biznology
- A Tale of Two Link Counts, SEO Speedwagon
- SCE To AUX, Speaking Freely
- It's easy being green: Google goes solar, Ars Technica
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!