Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Website Optimizer Now Widely Available
Google Website Optimizer, which was launched in beta in October, is now being made widely available. The A/B and multivariate page testing tool is being billed by Google as the "third leg" of a "three-legged stool" that is comprised of AdWords to drive traffic, Google Analytics to measure that traffic, and Website Optimizer to convert that traffic into customers.
- Yahoo Alpha (beta) Tested Down Under
Yahoo is testing a new search interface called alpha, which meta-searches several Yahoo properties, and also allow users to add their own search service via OpenSearch RSS.
- Need Help Planning Your SES Schedule?
If you're a first-time attendee, you may be feeling a bit daunted by the 4-day, multiple-track agenda. Fear not, seasoned pro Greg Jarboe has stepped in to help.
- Search Retargeting Worth a Second Look?
Want to combine some of the benefits of search marketing with display ads? Search retargeting may be just what you're looking for.
Fresh speculation has emerged about whether or not Google will launch a vertical search capability focused on travel.
- Pay-Per-Digg Black Market Manipulation?
Another pay-per-digg scheme claims it won't get users banned from popular social network promotion tool Digg.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Utah Bans Keyword Advertising, Technology & Marketing Law
- Internal Links versus External Links, SEO Theory
- 64 Tips for Getting Started with Google Website Optimizer, GrokDotCom
- The Outlook for Search in China, Read/Write Web
- Diagnosing Search Traffic Drops, Part 2, ClickZ
- The Ultimate Guide to Getting Lots of Link Love, Problogger
- Yahoo! Pipes out Questions from Answers, Yahoo Search Blog
- Questioning the Legitimacy and Authenticity of Internet Marketing Advice & Sources, SEO Book
- Microsoft bCentral Submit It Deadline Announced, Marketing Pilgrim
- Is link bait dying as a search engine optimization technique?, Jennifer Slegg
- Google's Core Competency Does Not Translate To Offline Media — But That May Work To Google's Advantage, Publishing 2.0
- New Version of Live Maps Launches, Windows Live Maps Blog
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!