Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- 9 Steps to Getting Authoritative Links
There are many types of authoritative links, and different sites require different approaches for getting the link.
- BuzzLogic: Finding the Buzz
Pinpointing the thought leaders or influencers around a given topic allows marketers to home in on those sources in their marketing strategies.
- Get Social With Your Browser
Mozilla Labs announced a new project to develop social functionality within the Firefox browser. Firefox could become the place where you keep up with everything online.
- Yahoo to Require Short Descriptions
Beginning in May, Yahoo will require advertisers to provide a short, 70-character description for all ad descriptions.
- Google Updates Display of Top AdWords Ads
AdWords ads appearing above search results on Google.com now have a new look.
- New Look for AdSense Ads
A new look for Google's AdSense ads, which have been spotted in tests recently, has now been widely released.
- iProspect to Accelerate Global Expansion
Aegis Group's Isobar, which acquired PPC search agency iProspect for $50 million two years ago, is expanding the iProspect brand globally.
- Google Maps Now Mashable
Google has made it easier to create customized maps with a new MyMaps feature.
- Jupiter Research Solo Again
Jupiter Research, which was sold by Jupitermedia to Kagan Research for $10.1 million a year ago to create JupiterKagan, is now on its own once more.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- DoubleClick Advertising Exchange - Could Lead To Google / Yahoo / Microsoft Showdown, Read/Write Web
- Who Said Commodity? How DoubleClick and Crew Remained Relevant, ClickZ
- Google Local: For More Than Just Local Businesses, ClickZ
- Google Maps to Mash-up Companies: "Suckers!", Marketing Pilgrim
- SEO Is Easy? Let's Look At The Hard 5 Percent, Search Engine Land
- The State of the Live Web, April 2007, Sifry's Alerts
- In-house Spotlight: Shopping.com's Former SEO, Search Engine Journal
- Domainers Owning Google?, Threadwatch
- Microsoft Webmaster Tools, Online Marketing blog
- Different Links Have Different Goals, SEO Book
- Homes, not just homepages, Google Blog
- Del.icio.us Bookmarks, Firefox and you, Yahoo Search Blog
- Integrate your offline marketing efforts with an online strategy, adCenter blog
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!