Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- 9 Steps to Getting Authoritative Links
There are many types of authoritative links, and different sites require different approaches for getting the link.
- BuzzLogic: Finding the Buzz
Pinpointing the thought leaders or influencers around a given topic allows marketers to home in on those sources in their marketing strategies.
- Get Social With Your Browser
Mozilla Labs announced a new project to develop social functionality within the Firefox browser. Firefox could become the place where you keep up with everything online.
- Yahoo to Require Short Descriptions
Beginning in May, Yahoo will require advertisers to provide a short, 70-character description for all ad descriptions.
- Google Updates Display of Top AdWords Ads
AdWords ads appearing above search results on Google.com now have a new look.
- New Look for AdSense Ads
A new look for Google's AdSense ads, which have been spotted in tests recently, has now been widely released.
- iProspect to Accelerate Global Expansion
Aegis Group's Isobar, which acquired PPC search agency iProspect for $50 million two years ago, is expanding the iProspect brand globally.
- Google Maps Now Mashable
Google has made it easier to create customized maps with a new MyMaps feature.
- Jupiter Research Solo Again
Jupiter Research, which was sold by Jupitermedia to Kagan Research for $10.1 million a year ago to create JupiterKagan, is now on its own once more.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- DoubleClick Advertising Exchange - Could Lead To Google / Yahoo / Microsoft Showdown, Read/Write Web
- Who Said Commodity? How DoubleClick and Crew Remained Relevant, ClickZ
- Google Local: For More Than Just Local Businesses, ClickZ
- Google Maps to Mash-up Companies: "Suckers!", Marketing Pilgrim
- SEO Is Easy? Let's Look At The Hard 5 Percent, Search Engine Land
- The State of the Live Web, April 2007, Sifry's Alerts
- In-house Spotlight: Shopping.com's Former SEO, Search Engine Journal
- Domainers Owning Google?, Threadwatch
- Microsoft Webmaster Tools, Online Marketing blog
- Different Links Have Different Goals, SEO Book
- Homes, not just homepages, Google Blog
- Del.icio.us Bookmarks, Firefox and you, Yahoo Search Blog
- Integrate your offline marketing efforts with an online strategy, adCenter blog
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!